cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidM
Message 61 of 93

Re: zero upload speed ADSL broadband

Hi Emmaw1,

Thanks for posting. I can see PaddyB has been dealing with this for you so you might want to drop him an email and mention the lift and shift so he can decide which option might be best for you.

Cheers

David

EmmaW1
Contributor
Message 62 of 93

Thank you David - will do.  Just for clarification - what is the best way to contact Paddy at this stage - PM, 'contact the mods' or a reply to the email that he's sent to my private email address?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 63 of 93

probably reply to email he sent you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
DavidM
Message 64 of 93

Just reply to his email EmmaW1.

Cheers

David
0 Ratings
EmmaW1
Contributor
Message 65 of 93

Thank you David - en email sent as per your suggestion.

Many thanks to DS Keith and DS imjolly.  It looks like you were right form the start.  I guess that we have had to eliminate all other possible problems first.

0 Ratings
EmmaW1
Contributor
Message 66 of 93

Following the engineer’s visit last Friday my internet access is worse than ever.  Evenings and weekends are fine, as before.

After going through my “internet access monitoring archives” I found that everything worked perfectly well week beginning 16 February 2015. A quick check of school terms of my local school revealed that they had half term that week. Personally, I don’t need any more evidence, but wonder how long BT is going to take to resolve this matter, if at all.

Luckily my ‘Guardian Angel’ OlgaC called me on Friday and then again this evening. She told me that she would ask for a lift and shift. She booked an engineer for Friday.

I will keep you posted, but please, please, please keep your fingers crossed for me.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 67 of 93

Hopefully a different pair will solve the problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
EmmaW1
Contributor
Message 68 of 93

Is a ‘lift and shift’ a totally random process, or will the engineer know what port to use?

I am worried that if it’s random I may end up with no connection in the evenings.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 69 of 93

@EmmaW1 wrote:

Is a ‘lift and shift’ a totally random process, or will the engineer know what port to use?

I am worried that if it’s random I may end up with no connection in the evenings.

The port will be allocated by BT Wholesale, and the work will be done by an Openreach frame technician.

It involves moving the exchange wiring, to a different piece of equipment, and takes about 20 minutes, including the time needed to retest the circuit.

I think you are right about the school, they must be uploading a lot of information, and taking up all of the bandwidth.

EmmaW1
Contributor
Message 70 of 93

Thank you DS Keith.  So an Openreach frame technician will move it to the port allocated by BT Wholesale, but how do they allocate it?  I just want to avoid a situation where I would be bunched up with people uploding a lot of information in the evenings.

Also do you know if the technician will need to enter my premises?

Thanks.

0 Ratings