Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyam
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

2.4 & 5Ghz Channels

Hello

I have just received my new router , I would normally reset the Network SSID  name  and passwords to my old routers details (as I did previously)  to enable a seamless transition on both networks, however to my horror for some reason this option has been removed!! .. I have over 30 devices connecting in addition to TV's, Tablets, Laptops - PC's etc and other hubs and bridges  and am reading horror stories about  numerous incompatibility issues with your auto functionality or rather lack of it. 

I am going to have to  use my to my old 2.4 Network name and see what happens. I am going to give this 1 go! and if this doesn't work, I will have to cancel my upgrade as not fit for purpose and revert to my old router, which I assume will still work?  Do you have any plans to bring back such a basic and necessary feature? 

I require the option to pick what device connects to what Network without any faffing! 

Thanks  Andy.  

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: 2.4 & 5Ghz Channels

If your "old" router is working and doing everything that you would want it to do why change it. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Newest isn't always better.

0 Ratings
andyam
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

BT Smart Hub 2

So, I took the bull by the horns and changed my SSID and password to my old BT Home Hub details and went over to the new Hub 2 this afternoon.  Apparently BT's old password wasn't strong enough! but I am not going around changing over 35 devices!!  Having renamed only the old 2.4 Network, because manual 5 banding has been dropped!! and reset the password to my old details - 90% of devices re-loaded without error .. However my Hue lights had to be setup from scratch along with the Hub and one of the  TV's , a number of Alexa Shows had to be manually reloaded but my Alexa Connect, which controls all my telephone calls out to Amazon devices would simply not have it! .. Tried to revert to my old router but NO this would no longer connect!!! - 1hr later after trying everything called Amazon tech support, 40 mins later sorry no joy .. 3 hrs later I have managed to get it working again. So next I test my speed I was getting 79.9 down and 20 up … I now have 68 down and 18.1 up, so much for progress! - I will test this again in the morning.

I note LAN devices are connecting to the new Wireless Network name, so whilst I have changed this to my old for wireless devices - hard plugged devices need the new name? - is there anyway of changing this? 

I though this router was supposed to be a step forward not back? … I've lost the entire afternoon and evening so will test network strength in the morning … 

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 4

Re: BT Smart Hub 2

0 Ratings