Did you mean: 
B3NNYB0Y
Contributor
Message 231 of 883

Re: 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ Bands BT Smart Hub 2

Go to solution

Screenshot_20210506-103731_Settings.jpg

Hi @Sanda5506

Are you seeing the same kind of thing I was seeing that I pasted in my last reply? Please do you have an example of what hardware you are seeing this on? I switched a setting on my phone to not jump to my 4G even when the Wi-Fi signal is not strong (Samsung - Advanced setting under WiFi) 

0 Ratings
Sanda5506
Aspiring Contributor
Message 232 of 883

Go to solution

@sl_strachan . After the update did you just restart the hub or factory reset?

0 Ratings
PC1977
Contributor
Message 233 of 883

Go to solution

I registered my issue yesterday and replied to the PM the mods sent me, I have not yet received the update firmware, how long did it take for you guys that have got it?

thanks

0 Ratings
Sanda5506
Aspiring Contributor
Message 234 of 883

Go to solution

@B3NNYB0Y yes as soon as my phone went to 5ghz it would not see the system and would not control anything. Also same with my laptop on 5ghz. Turning 5ghz off completely allows everything to work fine instantly

0 Ratings
B3NNYB0Y
Contributor
Message 235 of 883

Go to solution

I just did a normal reset which keeps all the router settings. But I can imagine if problems persisted then I'd be asked to perform a Factory Reset.

0 Ratings
brizo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 236 of 883

Go to solution

@PaddyB 

Morning,

Could I also be included in this please, to get the new firmware, as I am also suffering with this issue.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
B3NNYB0Y
Contributor
Message 237 of 883

Go to solution

Hi @Sanda5506

Am sorry to hear you still have problems. You may need to Private Message whoever your BT moderator was and they can take it back to their Tech team. I've been using the router like you on 2.4GHz since Oct 2020 just for peace of mind. This update seems to have done the job, but I am checking it out for a week to see if the issue ever reappears again. 

B3NNYB0Y
Contributor
Message 238 of 883

Go to solution

Hi @NeilO - @Sanda5506 has the same firmware as me but still sees issues, but so far all is good for me here. If you need any help from me to help @Sanda5506 (E.g. Comparing hardware etc. Remotely) then I will be happy to help where I can.

Kind regards.

0 Ratings
Sanda5506
Aspiring Contributor
Message 239 of 883

Go to solution

@B3NNYB0Y . As if by magic everything has just started to work as expected. Would you believe it. Currently connecting to my sonos system and able to control the app and music while connected to 5ghz on both huawei phone and dell laptop. Printer also back working and printing from laptop and phone. Almost like the fairies are watching me type. Anyway I will monitor for 24 hours just in case its a fluke and come back and update. Unbelievable at the moment ...... too good to be true.

JohnC2
Message 240 of 883

Go to solution

Hi @Sanda5506 @brizo and @dhsgaile sorry that you are having problems with hub and your set up. I've sent you all a Private Message with details on how to get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to help you with this.

cheers

John