Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
themarkanelson
Beginner
Message 251 of 883

Re: 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ Bands BT Smart Hub 2

Go to solution

Hi,

I am getting the same issues - could you please send me details to obtain the firmware upgrade.

Thank you

0 Ratings
Hod007
Aspiring Contributor
Message 252 of 883

Go to solution

Hi - Just wanted to raise my hand as another one experiencing the issue (with a couple of smart plugs and an HP printer). I’ve switched to wired connections that work as expected, so getting the firmware isn’t a pressing issue for me, but happy to test if it would help. 

0 Ratings
leggy1143
Beginner
Message 253 of 883

Go to solution

likewise, same issues with sound set up & wifi. 

Could you also please pass on my details to the team for the firmware.

thanks

0 Ratings
richtomlin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 254 of 883

Go to solution

I have the firmware update and had my case marked solved however I still have the same issues. Tested today like this - printer connected on 2.4g to wired Ethernet Mac (5g disabled on router), works fine. Enabled 5g channel and unplug Mac Ethernet, Mac connects to 5g and printer working, scanner etc. Switch off 2.4g channel and back on again, printer no longer works. Also at no point was I able to connect to printer through iPhone 11 on 5g channel, printer is not even seen on the network.
HomePod with 5g channel enabled, touch handoff occasionally works, sometimes not.
these are basically the same issues I had before the may 4th firmware upgrade. Seems slightly better as able to ping the printer but it’s still not right. 

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 255 of 883

Go to solution

@themarkanelson @Hod007 @leggy1143 I'm really sorry to see you're experiencing problems, I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can get in touch with the moderation team.

@richtomlin can you try a factory reset of your Hub & let me know if that helps?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
richtomlin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 256 of 883

Go to solution
@NeilO yep will try later and report back
0 Ratings
richtomlin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 257 of 883

Go to solution

@NeilO Thanks, that last factory reset seems to have everything working! 

0 Ratings
PC1977
Contributor
Message 258 of 883

Go to solution

I’ve had a new firmware sent but it’s a different number than all you guys are reporting 

v0.26.03.01286-BT

0 Ratings
PC1977
Contributor
Message 259 of 883

Go to solution

I’ve just rebooted and it’s name the same as everyone else

v0.26.04.04227-BT

0 Ratings
B3NNYB0Y
Contributor
Message 260 of 883

Go to solution

Have the new firmware. There is the very odd moment like once every few days (maybe even less) where the Sonos app doesn't connect to the speakers, but this only happens for about 2 seconds or so. A another retry and that sorts it. This firmware upgrade seems to handle the switching between bands much better. In the past you physically had to try and force the phone on to the 2.4GHz band, or do the other method of switching off 5GHz on the router. Feels good to be able to see faster downloads again.