Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Linkers
Aspiring Contributor
Message 361 of 883

Re: 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ Bands BT Smart Hub 2

Go to solution

Hi David

Please can you check if I am in the queue for getting new firmware? I sent the details across to Neil O last week.

thanks

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 362 of 883

Go to solution

Hi @Linkers and thanks for the message.

Your email is on our queue. We deal with enquiries in turn so once you reach the top we'll pick it up and request the firmware update for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Linkers
Aspiring Contributor
Message 363 of 883

Go to solution
Thanks for getting back to me @DavidM
0 Ratings
Doc817
Beginner
Message 364 of 883

Go to solution

@DavidM 

Hi I am having issues where I cannot cast media to my chromecasts and I find carrying out a soft restart on my homehub 2 temporally resolves this issue, but have to do it for each device.  I even purchased a new chromecast at first thinking it was at fault but had the same problem.  Am I correct in thinking that this firmware update will resolve this?

0 Ratings
EdCam
Beginner
Message 365 of 883

Go to solution

Hi there, I am also experiencing difficulties linking my 2.4GHZ smart plugs to my BT Smart hub 2 - any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

E.

0 Ratings
TimCapron
Beginner
Message 366 of 883

Go to solution

Morning all,

I'm having the same difficulty with 2.4GHz devices (speakers etc.) unable to communicate with 5GHz devices (iOS/PC) via the Smart Hub 2 (Firmware version: v0.26.03.01286 updated on 20th April 2021).

As others have reported the workaround I've found is disabling the 5GHz band, pushing all wireless connections onto the 2.4Ghz band, in this setup the functionality returns. Unfortunately this limits my download speeds on my wireless PC to approx. 90Mbps on BT Full Fibre 900 (FTTP) which isn't acceptable.

I've only got through half this thread but it seems the firmware update available from the hub team resolves this communication issue across the 2.4GHz and 5.0GHz bands within the Smart Hub 2. Please let me know how I can go about getting this firmware update pushed to my device.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tim

0 Ratings
Chrimbo21
Beginner
Message 367 of 883

Go to solution

Hey Guys, can I get on the 'update sooner list' too please.

Experiencing the same issue as others and raised a query here https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/Devices-on-5Ghz-unable-to-contact-2-4Ghz-sonos-...

0 Ratings
Steveee
Contributor
Message 368 of 883

Go to solution

@DavidM Hi, whilst I fixed this issue for my Sonos system (moved everything onto sonosnet) I've now encountered the problem for my HP Envy printer, i.e. that's on the 2.4Ghz band but Mac and iPhone on 5Ghz band - won't print unless I email file to printer.

How do I get added to the queue for Hub firmware update please.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Steveee
Contributor
Message 369 of 883

Go to solution

@Chrimbo21 there is a fix for this that I've used for my sonos system. I connected a speaker directly to the router creating a sonosnet meshed network dedicated to sonos devices. Never had the 2.4Ghz vs 5Ghz band issue since. I even have a Sonos Move speaker (only uses 5Ghz band) and this is fully networked with the other sonos speakers.

FYI I have 8 speakers fully networked.

If your still using sonos 1, you can pick up a sonos bridge (doesn't work on sonos 2 system) for £4 on eBay and use that to create the Sonosnet network.

0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 370 of 883

Go to solution

Hi @Kibbs2,

I've checked out the queue and can see that we do have your details. 

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you, we've been extremely busy over the last few days. We'll update you as soon as your get to the top of the queue. 

Thanks

Paddy

0 Ratings