Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 801 of 972

Re: 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ Bands BT Smart Hub 2

Go to solution

Just turn off the 5Gz wifi, once the devices have connected turn it back on again.

0 Ratings
VeteranISPUser
Recognised Expert
Message 802 of 972

Go to solution

Hi @CallistaJM   I connected my smart plugs and robot vac yesterday. Tried it straight away after turning off 5 GHz with no luck. I waited a good 5 minutes and tried again the everything connected straight away. 5 GHz back on and all good.

john62couch
Regular
Message 803 of 972

Go to solution

@s-express s-express do you run the new router alongside the SH2 or have you done away with it totally? Where do you get the settings for a different router?  I have a TP Link router that I used instead of a virgin media hub although you had to put the VM hub into modem mode

0 Ratings
s-express
Beginner
Message 804 of 972

Go to solution

Hi,

You can get rid of the SH2 entirely as long as the replacement router supports PPPOE.  The only setting that you need to make is to set the PPPOE password to bthomehub@btbroadband.com in the router config.

Most routers support PPPOE, but there are some exceptions like the Amazon Eero, so check before you buy.   The Netgear I bought from Costco has been working fine for me,  no more connectivity issues for my devices.

0 Ratings
arfurdent
Aspiring Contributor
Message 805 of 972

Go to solution

moral of the story so far is to just turn the 5GHz  off and leave it off if you want to use the SH2

0 Ratings
cooper-marsh
Contributor
Message 806 of 972

Go to solution

@s-express Where did you buy for that price. I am going to relegate my Smartless Hub 2 to the bin.

After a very non starting technical call with BT, My printer(2.4ghz)  has the problem not the router. and the wireless speed being 300MBps at the most. I need a new router.

0 Ratings
Steveee
Contributor
Message 807 of 972

Go to solution

@arfurdent Unfortunately leaving 5 GHz band switched off disables they BT WI-FI discs 😏
Maybe a better option is after the firmware update, do a factory reset. That certainly fixed all my issues. 

0 Ratings
s-express
Beginner
Message 808 of 972

Go to solution
@cooper-marsh Sorry, that offer was with Costco, and it's back to £90 now.
0 Ratings
PARKERTEK
Contributor
Message 809 of 972

Go to solution

Since updating your Smart Hub, have you factory reset the hub?

since they sent me a replacement hub I haven’t had any problems and I have about 50-60 devices connected

0 Ratings
Philast1ne
Beginner
Message 810 of 972

Go to solution
Yes, when I received the firmware update a few weeks ago, everything seemed ok. Now back to identical problem with iPad able to connect with Sonos Move and Airprinter but iPhone failing to do the same. May resort to getting another Router but worried about BT making set-up an issue as they seem to like total control and resist any user flexibility.
0 Ratings