Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PARKERTEK
Contributor
Message 841 of 883

Re: 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ Bands BT Smart Hub 2

Go to solution

Halo 3 is no different at all. Your frustration would remain the same.

you get a bit more technical support (they don’t know much about 3rd party devices) that can come out to your home 3 times a year and you get a hybrid connect sent to you for backup 3/4G internet which you literally set up and forget about.

there is no difference in Wi-fi, the hub is not upgraded or anything 

0 Ratings
Genfuzuki
Beginner
Message 842 of 883

Go to solution

This is still a problem for me even with the latest firmware v0.27.06.04290-BT (installed over night)

• I cannot cast from spotify on my Iphone to my google mini speaker as it does not appear in the list of devices.
  • I cannot use the LG remote app on iPhone to control my TV which is on Wifi.
  • I have to change the advanced settings in my Laptop Wifi adapter to use B/G/N (rather than AC/AX) so i can print to my wifi printer.

I refuse to turn 5GHz off as this should be able to coexist using the Band steering. This was never an issue when i had an Asus router but since going to FTTP and having BT SIP i am stuck with the default router.

0 Ratings
oldcrows
Beginner
Message 843 of 883

Go to solution

the update worked for a while but now I can’t connect to sonos again whilst on 5ghz and sonos on 2.4.

0 Ratings
Steveee
Contributor
Message 844 of 883

Go to solution

@oldcrows Try a factory reset, worked for me.

0 Ratings
Deanorug
Beginner
Message 845 of 883

Go to solution

My new Smart Hub 2 is still causing me "broadband rage" as you call it. Will not keep connected to my phone (2.4ghz only) and dropping out on sons phone all the time (dual band). Two TV's upstairs see 2 networks? one with 5ghz and one without? Wont connect to either of them. 

The firmware version is v0.27.06.04290-BT

Updated on 14-Jul-2021

Never had any issues with any of the mentioned devices on my previous Hub 5.

Dean.

0 Ratings
sasghar12345
Beginner
Message 846 of 883

Go to solution

I'm no longer with BT but still use the smart hub 2. How can I get an update to the firmware so I can use separate wifi bands? I'm now with Plusnet which I understand is owned by BT.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 847 of 883

Go to solution

(a) There isn't an update that allows you to split the bands.

(b) The only way to update BT hub firmware is to be connected to a BT account.

0 Ratings
Shrubbfamily123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 848 of 883

Go to solution

Your Smart Hub 2 Firmware will still update regardless if you are not a BT customer all the router needs is an active connection remember BT own Plusnet the only thing that BT  cant do is force a firmware to you as your no longer a customer with BT. 

0 Ratings
sasghar12345
Beginner
Message 849 of 883

Go to solution
I've had the hub active for a while now and it hasn't updated. There really should be a manual process to update the firmware.
0 Ratings
Shrubbfamily123
Aspiring Contributor
Message 850 of 883

Go to solution

Do you have any friends or family with BT only option I can think off take your smart hub to them plug it in do a factory reset might update. Can I ask why you went to plusnet I was a plusnet customer for over 14 years when they updated their billing system all went downhill 

0 Ratings