Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fjwood69
Aspiring Contributor
Message 221 of 883

Re: 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ Bands BT Smart Hub 2

Go to solution
I've only ever heard the fan when it restarts.. and yes, it's properly loud. But it has just about everything you could ask for (and yeah, when you start looking at the Ubiquiti product set it's pretty substantial / flexible).
0 Ratings
fjwood69
Aspiring Contributor
Message 222 of 883

Go to solution
exactly my use case rik - I have a house full of Google devices and only with the SH2 do they misbehave. So I've removed it from the equation and all is good.
0 Ratings
Sanda5506
Aspiring Contributor
Message 223 of 883

Go to solution

Found this forum linked from a Sonos page where multiple people have identified this same issue. The update on 4th May however has not resolved the issues for me, I am still having inconsistent results between 2.4 and 5ghz devices which is causing me massive issues. Those of you that have got everything working are you on the v0.26.04.04227-BT firmware please or are the techs on this page pushing you a different one ?

0 Ratings
B3NNYB0Y
Contributor
Message 224 of 883

Go to solution

Hi @rikthemix

Your issues sound very much like mine. It has been 48 hrs with the updated firmware and so far, so good (see my post from yesterday). BT just send the firmware to your SH2 and tell you when they've done it. Reboot the router, test and check whether your connectivity issues happen and if they don't reoccur then hopefully that should be it. Am still checking it over and so far I connect to the 2.4GHz devices every time, especially when I see my phone is on the 5GHz band at the time. Hope it solves your issue.

0 Ratings
Sanda5506
Aspiring Contributor
Message 225 of 883

Go to solution

@B3NNYB0Y If you're on the same firmware I mentioned then since re-starting my hub I have had very little change and it hasn't sorted my problems.

0 Ratings
Sanda5506
Aspiring Contributor
Message 226 of 883

Go to solution

@JohnC2  @PaddyB  @DanielS .

I am currently on the v0.26.04.04227-BT firmware dated 4th May. If this is not the firmware people are talking about how do I go about getting it please as this firmware has not sorted my issues. My network is currently next to useless and has been for nearly a month.

0 Ratings
dhsgaile
Beginner
Message 227 of 883

Go to solution

Hi @PaddyB

Can I get included in this as well as I'm having he same problem.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
B3NNYB0Y
Contributor
Message 228 of 883

Go to solution

Hi @Sanda5506

I was given the v0.26.04.04227-BT firmware and it seems to be an improvement here. Mind you it has been only 48 hours. I'm using a Samsung phone that jumps from 2.4GHz to 5GHz as I move around the house, and it has the Sonos app. Sonos speakers use Spotify and are on the 2.4GHz band. Are you seeing the exact same issues as before? For example for me, as soon as my phone went onto the 5GHz band, the Sonos app would not be able to connect to or control the speakers, (example attached below what used to happen a lot). 

Screenshot_20210506-102737_Photos.jpg

0 Ratings
sl_strachan
Beginner
Message 229 of 883

Go to solution

Hi.

I received 0.26.04.04227 firmware overnight and this morning I seem to be able to consistently connect to my SONOS devices from my iPhone, iPad, MacBook so far with no issues. I also seem to have a mix of WiFi devices connected to both the 5GHz and 2GHz bands as expected.  WiFi speed seem as expected too.

Some people on here mentioned Epson printers, I also did a wireless test print from iPhone to Epson WF-2830 and worked ok.  Not printed anything for a while so no idea if this was working before or not.

Early days, but looking good so far and will post here again if anything changes.

NB - I still have smart setup off (although I'm not sure what it does).

0 Ratings
Sanda5506
Aspiring Contributor
Message 230 of 883

Go to solution

@B3NNYB0Y . Pretty much the same. I currently have had to resort to a cabled connection for my sonos system. I can work around by turning off the 5ghz band and everything works perfectly as it did before the update on 11th april, but obviously that is not a permanent fix. I can't even print from my laptop to my wireless HP printer effectively and my smart sockets either don't work or are incredibly slow

0 Ratings