Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matelodave
Aspiring Contributor
Message 821 of 845

Re: 2.4GHZ and 5GHZ Bands BT Smart Hub 2

Go to solution

Generally speeds on the 2.4ghz band are a lot slower than when on 5ghz.  I get a solid 76 on 5ghz (which is what I pay for) but only around 36 or lower when it uses 2.4ghz  - that's at the same distance between the router and the PC.

I can't persuade my tablet to use the 5ghz band with the SH2 but it would happily use 5ghzwhen I could rename the bands with my SH1

0 Ratings
IanMJ
Beginner
Message 822 of 845

Go to solution
Ok,l going to try this update. Fingers crossed!
0 Ratings
PARKERTEK
Contributor
Message 823 of 845

Go to solution

Don’t forget to reboot after the update 

0 Ratings
G8ZIG
Aspiring Contributor
Message 824 of 845

Go to solution

Is Firmware Version v0.26.04.04227-BT 19th May 2021 the final version or is there  link to try something else.  My wifi is allover the place and we are getting very frustrated with home workers here at home.  Is there a new Router being distributed soon?  I am using SH2 and have DV phone connected so I cannot try anything else.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 825 of 845

Go to solution

Hi @G8ZIG and thanks for posting.

Sorry you're still having problems with the WiFi after the upgrade. I'll be happy to take a look at this for you. I'll drop you a private message now so you can get in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Sanda5506
Aspiring Contributor
Message 826 of 845

Go to solution

@DavidM. I'm also still having problems with sonos connecting. I've been waiting for @RobbieMac to get back to me. Its been almost 3 months now since I've had a correctly working network with sonos able to connect wirelessly. I am on the latest firmware and everything worked fine prior to the April firmware that bombed it all out 

0 Ratings
PARKERTEK
Contributor
Message 827 of 845

Go to solution

Have you tried resetting both the Sonos and the hub to factory settings? 

0 Ratings
cooper-marsh
Contributor
Message 828 of 845

Go to solution

When I spoke with a BT technical script reader, I was told the BT only guarantee the speed to the hub (900MBps) Hence they can get away with the shoddy WiFi build in the not so smart hub 2. 

Now with BT digital voice being enabled, will the adapter work with other brands of routers with WiFi 6?

I doubt it. Feeling rather under sold 😞 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
G8ZIG
Aspiring Contributor
Message 829 of 845

Go to solution

I agree with your sentiments.

I have Halo 100 and have just checked my speed on an ethernet PC and it was 150 mbps (in spec.) while this MacBook on wifi is 25 mbps (that's good - sometimes its in the kbps scale).

We all need BT to send out a global firmware fix or a new router.

0 Ratings
Sanda5506
Aspiring Contributor
Message 830 of 845

Go to solution
Yes mate a number of times. Its getting very frustrating now. I would buy another router but I shouldn't have to
0 Ratings