cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arianax
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

A few troubleshooting questions about the Latest BT Smarthub...

Go to solution

Just had our new BT Broadband installed two days ago, and the package included the latest BT Smart Hub...

However, a few issues persist...

1- Disabled the lights on the Smart Hub via the Advanced Configuration options. However, when I disconnect the telephone line from the Smart Hub, the front light re-illuminates and flashes purple. The control panel still lists the Smart Hub's lights as being set to 'off' Is this intended?

2- There is no username or password in the requisite 'Account' field of the control panel. The Smart Hub still successfully connects to BT's Broadband service, however.

3- Could someone give a step-by-step set of instructions on how to restrict what devices can connect to the Smart Hub, either by WiFi or by Ethernet Cable? Interested in ensuring nearby unauthorised devices can't access the Smart Hub.

4- Further advice on securing the Smart Hub from other devices in rnage or on the same phone network would be very appreciated..!

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: A few troubleshooting questions about the Latest BT Smarthub...

Go to solution

@Arianax wrote:

Just had our new BT Broadband installed two days ago, and the package included the latest BT Smart Hub...

However, a few issues persist...

1- Disabled the lights on the Smart Hub via the Advanced Configuration options. However, when I disconnect the telephone line from the Smart Hub, the front light re-illuminates and flashes purple. The control panel still lists the Smart Hub's lights as being set to 'off' Is this intended?

Yes, I would expect that to happen, as you have disconnected the line

2- There is no username or password in the requisite 'Account' field of the control panel. The Smart Hub still successfully connects to BT's Broadband service, however.

That is built into the firmware, you cannot alter it, its the same details for every user.

3- Could someone give a step-by-step set of instructions on how to restrict what devices can connect to the Smart Hub, either by WiFi or by Ethernet Cable? Interested in ensuring nearby unauthorised devices can't access the Smart Hub.

See http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11372/~/how-do-i-use-bt-access-controls%3F

4- Further advice on securing the Smart Hub from other devices in rnage or on the same phone network would be very appreciated..!

You cannot stop people accessing via Ethernet, but you can stop wireless access. Change the wireless password so its not the same as what is written on the home hub.