cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Acces Control in browser

Will BT recognise the problems of not being able to access advanced controls of the Halo 2 modem, in particular Access Control, on a computer in a browser?

Do BT have any plans to fix this?  Control only on smart phones app is very very inconvenient!

I know that the forum is not the usual place to post such problems but cannot get through to BT directly on this subject and just hope that a moderator can respond here.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Acces Control in browser

Its a deliberate policy to prevent unauthorised access to the controls by the person being restricted.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

How does that work?  The web browser version for previous modem models was pass protected for access to the Advanced setting which included Access Control.  The App on a phone is no more or less accessible to restriction on opening it and changing settings.

Because I am consistently getting less than the promised minimum of 61Mbps on my account I was advised to “upgrade” to the router version 2 and now I have no improvements or advantages just the problem of convenient access to parental controls. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

The hub can be factory reset so the password is freely available, whereas the app password is not.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Pretty devious kids if they can use the factory reset button.  However I have done a factory reset twice this afternoon to try to sort out some problems and even with the factory reset my password remained the same and it would not recognise the admin password shown on the back of the modem.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

I think you will find that kids are devious, most know to factory reset hubs to restore default password.

If your hub password hasn't reverted to that printed on the hub, you haven't fully factory reset it.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

I did insert a clip in to the factory reset port felt the button depress and held it in for more than 3 secs.  So it should have reset properly.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

You need to press it for about 20 seconds until the lights flash.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Thanks, I will try that but the BT site does say only for three seconds so that is what I tried.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

If your hub password hasn't reverted to that printed on the hub, you haven't fully factory reset it.“

Today a BT engineer told me that one’s settings and password are no longer held in your router but instead in the cloud. So changing or resetting the router will continue to use your previous settings.

This of course avoids the resetting by children to overcome access control settings and thus the BT policy to restrict changing settings on a computer in a browser window no longer makes sense.  However, somehow I don't expect BT to make any changes soon.

0 Ratings