cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alan993
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

AirPrint with WholeHome

I've got a BT HomeHub 5 with four WholeHome disc setup and I've added a HP printer with AirPrint capability but which doesn't work  with iPhones or iPads. Well it has worked a couple of times but that's all. The HP printer connects on 2.4Ghz and iPhones and iPads at 5Ghz so guess this is the problem? The discs are all on the 5Ghz connection and show up as wired presimably due to master disc connection to the hub?

I've tried linking 5Ghz to 2.4Ghz but no joy and also tried connecting printer to 5Ghz. Reading up it looks like AirPrint only works with 2.4Ghz so wondering if I should disable 5Ghz from Homehub5?

Any thoughts welcome.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: AirPrint with WholeHome

Hi @Alan993  Sorry you are having a problem connecting to your Ipad and Iphone on the Whole Home Wifi.

You would be best to contact the product helpdesk who will be able to help with your set up. They can be contacted on 08081006116 Mon - Fri 9.00am to 5.30pm and Sat 9.00am to 2.00pm or drop them an email: btconnectedhome@bt.com

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Alan993
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

I have contacted BT help desk and was told I must wait for software upgrade to fix Apple AirPrint. Was hoping for a work around from community!
0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 4 of 11

Hi,

What is your printer currently connected to? Is it the Home Hub Wi-Fi or Whole Home Wi-Fi SSID?

Also, do you have the same network name for your Whole Home Wi-Fi and Home Hub?

Dan-O
0 Ratings
Alan993
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Thanks Dan-0 for interest
The printer is connected to BTwholehome Wi-Fi where all four discs same SSID. I’ve not changed name of BTHomeHub Wi-Fi as don’t gave anything other than BTWholeHome connected to it. Printer connected to 2.4GHz but iPhones iPads switching between 2.4GHz and 5GHz connections. BTWholeHome advise me to wait for software update!
ErikVK
Message 6 of 11

Hi there, I read the posts with interest as I have the same problem. Not sure if this helps, and guess a workaround shouldn’t be required, but would rather print than not.

I found that if I look on my Whole Home App and find out which disc the printer is connected to, I can print from that room and not others.

It would be great to know when an update is coming but for now that consistently works for me.

Good luck, Erik

Sircoynie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

Same problem here, also having an issue with my Airport Express disconnecting randomly which even turning steering off isn't resolving...

BT fix Bonjour/Airprint ASAP please!

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 8 of 11

@Alan993wrote:
Thanks Dan-0 for interest
The printer is connected to BTwholehome Wi-Fi where all four discs same SSID. I’ve not changed name of BTHomeHub Wi-Fi as don’t gave anything other than BTWholeHome connected to it. Printer connected to 2.4GHz but iPhones iPads switching between 2.4GHz and 5GHz connections. BTWholeHome advise me to wait for software update!

Hi @Alan993

Are you able to temporarily connect your printer to the Home Hub/router Wi-Fi? This should allow you to print from the Whole Home Wi-Fi network until the new firmware is released.

Thanks,

Dan-O

0 Ratings
Alan993
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

Hi Dan-O

Thanks for suggestion.

Would I need to name Whole Home and Hub 5 the same?

cheers

Alan

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 10 of 11

@Alan993wrote:

Hi Dan-O

Thanks for suggestion.

Would I need to name Whole Home and Hub 5 the same?

cheers

Alan

Hi, 

It's best to keep these separate so you know which network your devices are connected to. Devices that connect to the router Wi-Fi won't benefit from the smart steering functions.

Dan-O

0 Ratings