cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 31 of 33

Re: Thats it, I have had enough! Goodbye BT WholeHome Premium!!

That’s disappointing to hear @Sircoynie but probably not unexpected.

Have you got a new system yet? I’ve just got a a pair of Orbi (RBK852) and they pretty much live up to the hype, you can put them in AP only mode to get away from any router functions and the WiFi strength is amazing, two AP vs 6 BT and the whole property is covered! And it’s true tri-band with AX available to use for devices. It’s pricey but so far a few days in it’s worth the cost for a reliable setup.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 32 of 33

Keep us up to date ! It seems when the 852’s were released (a year ago?) they had much the same problems.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/New-Netgear-Orbi-RBK852-Bugs/td-p/1814282

Comments like beta testers, released too early etc. Sound familiar 😉. Key thing is whether the problems have been fixed. Same is true of the Linksys product. I only want to jump ship if I can be sure the grass is greener on the other side of the fence (to mix my metaphors)

I think my biggest disappointment is the level of BT engagement and communications on these forums. BT keep suggesting bug fixes need to be part of a feature release roadmap. I’ve got bugs acknowledged as such from 5-7 months ago.

It’s this lack of communications I find the most surprising and so unprofessional for an organisation with the reputation of BT. I worked for years in corporate IT for DWP whose UK wide network is supplied by BT and I just don’t recognise this behavior as being part of the same organisation.

Contributor
Message 33 of 33

Will do @kevin_marchant 

I’m running the Orbi in AP mode which is great in my setup as I prefer the router to handle everything else - I think this also helps with stability. They can run Ethernet backhaul but appears to prefer WiFi and it does a 10 min stabilisation period but I’m running it pure WiFi and haven’t had any issues touch wood! 

You can even access the Orbi remotely via the app to check on things when not home which is great. IMO so far it’s worth the money and I’d recommend trying them but buy via Amazon so at least you can get refund within first 30 days.

It’s disappointing with what went wrong with BT premium, the original WHW was perfect and it worked without an issue but suddenly the Premium having all those router functions destroyed the reliability. If Premium offered AP mode only then they’d be great! 

0 Ratings