cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

App doesn't recognise network in house

Have set up new hub and disc for complete wifi.  All working fine except app does not recognise the network and keeps telling me not connected.  Have deleted and downloaded app 3 times, switched off and rebooted hub several times.  All to no avail.  Any iseas on how to get this app working as it should would be much appreciated

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: App doesn't recognise network in house

Hi @Davidchelmsford welcome to the community and thanks for posting, did you use the app to set up the disc?

I'd recommend factory resetting the Hub and disc by pressing the recessed reset button with a pin. Then follow the instructions on the My BT app to set up the disc from scratch. On the home screen, select MoreYour wi-fi network and then Set up new disc.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

I set up the disc without the app.  The hub and disc were working fine.  I could see what was connected to where by using the hub manager.  However,  I did not have the app working.  Have disconnected the disc, factory reset the hub, disc still not set up.  Tried  app and get message to say It wasn’t possible to connect to the network.  Try restarting hub etc.  Done all that and nothing.  App not connecting.  Any other suggestions?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Hi @Davidchelmsford I'm sorry that didn't help but thanks for giving it a go. Do you have a complete wifi subscription on your BT account or was the disc purchased separately?

If you have a subscription can you try the Complete wifi troubleshooter on this link to see if it picks up anything? You'll need to log in with your BT ID and password.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Tried that but no help.  Am using an ipad.  Downloaded app to android phone and have set up with that but cannot use the app successfully on the ipad.  Now I need more discs

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Have managed to speak to BT.  Say they know of problem with apple products and are resolving so need to wait for app update

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Hi @Davidchelmsford, thanks for posting back with the update. Did they help you with getting another disc?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

One sorted to come in a couple days thanks.  Maybe all will be sorted

0 Ratings