cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dappleby
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

At my wits end with wholesome wifi

new house, reasonable amount of breeze block, but my new by high speed fibre Wi-fi couldn’t connect outside the cupboard it was installed in. Tried moving it using Ethernet power lines to another room and it made it worse. Bothered to go to the expense of buying the BT mesh Wholehome 3 piece kit and it is completely useless. The last three days I have been regularly disconnected, had to put in my passwords again on numerous devices and had to reboot routers abs devices again three times and still get timed out. I shouldn’t have to get a degree in network engineering to get my own home Wi-fi working everyday without wanting to throw things. 

ive been looking at buying hardwired internet cabling instead and this is just disgusting that I have to go to these lengths. I have to fork out more money to just save my sanity from daily rubbish service 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
MurrayB
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: At my wits end with wholesome wifi

Hi Dappleby,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your BT Whole Home Wifi system.

You mentioned that your original router doesn’t work outside the cupboard your broadband comes into so you purchased WHW to try and solve this.  If the cupboard is somehow shielding the Wi-Fi signal then WHW may have the same problem as your original router and that would explain the disconnecting discs.

However, in order to confirm this we would need to know more about your set-up and environment, so the best thing you could do would be to phone the Helpdesk and raise the issue with them and they should be able to guide you through hopefully resolving the issue.

0 Ratings
Dappleby
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for this, do you know which help desk is for technical device support?

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Dappleby 

You can reach the helpdesk by calling 0800 100 6116 (Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm Saturday 9.00am to 2.00pm)

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Dappleby
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

The number is 0808 rather than 0800, realised it’s on the back of the disk also. 

Moved disk 3 from upstairs to downstairs in the same room as the TV which was the room that had the poorest signal, works well now with no buffering and not dropping my phone at the same time as viewing. Seems to travel through floors better than it does walls (it still only has a “good” connection to the overall network compared to the other disks) so for now I’m monitoring it and will see if this is the winning config. 

0 Ratings