cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Richard050
Beginner
Message 91 of 100

Re: Avast reports smarthub vulnerable to attack.

Go to solution

Sorry error not been here for a while feel free to delete this.

0 Ratings
Richard050
Beginner
Message 92 of 100

Go to solution

Since May I have noticed the other minor issue still has not been sorted out by BT which causes my Avast WiFi inspector to inform me I am open to attack.  Yes I did get the May update by BT and as pointed out by BT the minor issue will be looked into, two months on and..Still waiting.

0 Ratings
Falkie
Message 93 of 100

Go to solution

Yes, I also wonder if the small fix might come out soon. It is not just that the Avast warning is always a worry (even though the May/June patch may have fixed it), the problem is that it also affects a couple of Netgear extenders that I have on my network. They are apparently vulnerable also, but Netgear assure me that they are controlled by the router, so I wonder if the patch is as secure as we have been told. I am no expert at all, but my gut instinct seems to suggest that if the warning on the router was fixed then maybe my extenders would also be "fixed". Thanks in advance for any suggestions or help. 

0 Ratings
Message 94 of 100

Go to solution

@SeanD

Thanks for your post explaioning that SG4B1000B540  is secure.

My BT hub is running SG4B1000B540 last updated 18-May-2018.

However you also stated that a later version will include the correct code that will allow the Avast software to correctly identify the threat has been patched and not throw up this error on each scan.

Can someone tell advsie customers if this " later fix" is now in place and how does one gets it flashed to their hub please.

0 Ratings
icepuffin
Contributor
Message 95 of 100

Go to solution

Sadly , no permanent fix yet, my system still shows it as vulnerable, to be honest I would have thought it would have been sorted by now.

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 96 of 100

Go to solution

@jyarwood28wrote:

My smart hub is running v0.07.05.0A13-BT .  Is this the correct version?

You have a Hub 5 and not a Hub 6. I suggest you raise a new thread.

0 Ratings
Message 97 of 100

Go to solution

Hi

I have just recieved a 'new' BT Smart hub and got the Avast vulnerasbility warning. According to my status my firmware version is SG4B1000B522. Is the fix applied to this? If so why am I getting the Avast message?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 98 of 100

Go to solution

@philarktos67

that is old firmware and will probably update overnight in next few days to firmware ending 540

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 99 of 100

Go to solution
Thanks. I will keep a check on it.
0 Ratings
Patricia2
Message 100 of 100

Go to solution

We recently swithched to the latest Smart Hub 6 and are receiving the same Avast messages as reported by others. Prior to discovering this forum I attempted to communicate with BT via their "Chat" service and also by phone and nobody had any idea about the problem, despite the fact we're clearly not the only ones to have had this experience. I'm surprised that this has been going on since January and there is still no solution. We are running the latest firmware which apparently has been "fixed" but surely it shouldn't take this long to address the DNSMASQ problem. Doesn't give us a lot of confidence in BT

0 Ratings