cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Wooders2310
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

BT 300

I have connected my BT 300 Extender to my router but cannot connect my tablet to the Extender. I'm getting wrong password or authentification problem. Any ideas ? 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT 300

Hi @Wooders2310 are the extender lights green and showing good range?  Also when connecting to the BT 300 extender SSID on your tablet are you entering your routers wireless key and not the admin password?

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Wooders2310
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Hi Neilo the light is on a steady Amber and yes in desperation I've tried all the passwords and codes to no avail 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Are you using a BT Home hub as the router?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Communityhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

@Wooders2310 An amber light means the extender is too close to your Hub. Can you follow the instructions in the user guide to relocate it and try again.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Wooders2310
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

Hi Keith, no it's a Vodafone router
0 Ratings
Wooders2310
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Hi NeilO will give that a try thanks
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

@Wooders2310 wrote:
Hi Keith, no it's a Vodafone router

Fine, Its the home hub that can suffer from issues.

Apart from doing a factory reset on the extender, I cannot suggest anything else. Wireless extenders are not really a good solution anyway. Separate hotspots are a better option, like the BT Hotspot 600.

It way be worth asking on the Vodaphone user forum, as this forum is for BT Broadband customers.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Communityhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

0 Ratings
Wooders2310
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

OK thanks Keith
0 Ratings