Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wisty
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT 4G Mini Hub Speed

Go to solution

I am currently using a 4g mini hub while my broadband is fixed.

I am only getting about 8meg download. Is this speed limited? If I set up my phone as a wireless hotspot. I get about 50 meg - almost as good as my broadband. The phone is an oldish Samsung (still on Android 6) 4g on EE (its a BT contract).

Am I setting up connections to the mini hub incorrectly, or is 8meg download all I can expect?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
wisty
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT 4G Mini Hub Speed

Go to solution
Switching to 5ghz has speeded things up. Now getting about 30Meg download.
0 Ratings
Prontax
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

How did you manage to set up the 5ghz?

I got my 4g mini hub today and on the back sticker it shows the 5ghz ssid but i cannot find it on any device

0 Ratings
busterboy1
Expert
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

I would also like to know.

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings
wisty
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
If you open the back of the hub - thumbnail in the slot in the corner, you will find an IP address (192.168.1.1) and a password at the bottom under the list of WiFi SSID's
Connect to the hub at 2.4Ghz. Browse to 192.168.1.1, enter the password when requested and you get access to the user interface. There you can switch 5GHz on and off, change passwords etc.
Hope this helps.
busterboy1
Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@wisty 

Many thanks for that mate, I'm in and got into it no problem. 😁

___________________________________________________________________________________________
Say thanks by clicking the Thumbs Up icon. Have I resolved your issue? Click "Mark As Accepted Solution"
0 Ratings