cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 27

BT 600 extenders

Go to solution

I’ve used these for some years now, using Ethernet connections to devices at the receiving extender, but are they supposed to work as Wi-fi mobile hotspots too ?  My iPhone doesn’t recognise them.

0 Ratings
26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27

Re: BT 600 extenders

Go to solution

@mikewestmorland 

Only the BT Hotspot 600 has wifi.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 27

Go to solution
I have a BT Broadband Extender Flex 600 connected by Ethernet to my BT router and to a Mini Wi-fi Home Hotspot 600 elsewhere in the house which works with my iPhone. I also have a BT Broadband Extender 600 also connected to the router and to a Broadband Extender 600 in the garage, with a single Ethernet output. This presumably isn’t Wi-fi. Do I simply need another Mini Wi-fi Home Hotspot in the garage?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 27

Go to solution

You shouldn't connect 2 extenders to your hub, can't see how that is working. All the 'slaves' should connect to 1 extender at the hub.

Message 5 of 27

Go to solution

The simplest solution would be to plug  a wireless access point into the extender 600.

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/access-point/tl-wa901n/

Message 6 of 27

Go to solution

So I should obtain an additional Home Hotspot slave for the Broadband Flex 600 Extender and remove the other Extender and non-Wi-fi slave.  They do both work, by the way - I just didn’t know that the one in the garage wasn’t Wi-fi.  Will an additional hotspot slave connect automatically to the existing extender?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 27

Go to solution

Not sure you can actually by just the hotspot on its own. As @Keith_Beddoe  says, simplest (and possibly cheapest) suggestion is to just add a wireless access point to the slave in the garage.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 27

Go to solution

Thanks.  I’ve currently got 2 Extenders plugged in to the router, so presumably I should disconnect the one which was bought with the slave currently in the garage.  Will the Broadband Flex Extender then connect with the slave in the garage, albeit for Ethernet use only?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 27

Go to solution

It should do. You may need to re-pair it with the other extender. It may already be connected to that extender.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 27

Go to solution
Many thanks for your help.
0 Ratings