cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 27

Re: BT 600 extenders

Go to solution

Did you disconnect the second master before trying the hotspot in the garage?

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 22 of 27

Go to solution

As they say, You can lead a horse to water but......

I'm out

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 27

Go to solution

Yes - all units disconnected, removed, reconnected, factory-reset in situ.  I’ve tried everything.  Basically all I’m after is Wi-fi in my garage.  I can get it by leaving the door fully open (50mps) and half-closed (c15mps) direct from the router.  Not ideal in winter.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 27

Go to solution

I realise I’m trying your patience, so I’ll desist. However I’m grateful for all the advice I’ve been given by you and others.

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 27

Go to solution

Just for completeness, can you confirm that you have tried connecting the hotspot to both masters one at a time with only one master connected to the hub and it won't work in the garage but will work with either master elsewhere?

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 27

Go to solution

I’ll try that.  I assumed that only the Broadband Extender Flex 600 spoke to the Mini Wi-fi Home Hotspot 600 and only the Broadband Extender 600 master spoke to the Broadband Extender 600 slave.  They were bought as sets.  That’s why both sets are connected to the router.  As you will have gathered by now, I’m completely new to all this.  Thanks again for your help.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 27 of 27

Go to solution

One last try.

I really don't see why you persist in trying it your own way knowing that it doesn't work!

Yes the extenders do come in pairs, that doesn't mean they can only be used in pairs, that's what the bit in the manual about expanding your network is all about.

The method I've spent considerable time in posting is not something I've fabricated, it is the correct way to do it as defined by the product manufacturers and described in the product manual (see message 11).

In case you think I made a typo earlier, you should only be using one extender (connected to the router) and two hotspots (one for the house and one for the garden)