cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DebraD
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT 8600 advanced call blocker

We have a Bt8600 which has worked welll for two years. Suddenly it has stopped ringing for an incoing call. Checked volume ok and do not disturb is not on. If you know a call is being made you can answer and it connects. It logs missed calls and you can make outgoing calls. just not ringing or connecting to answer machine.

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES
GrahamP2
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT 8600 advanced call blocker

The same thing has happened to me.  The handset on the base still rings for incoming calls, but not on the remote of the twin pack.

I have also experienced callers on my address list needing to announce themselves again, which is annoying.  I am also fairly sure that I haven't set a PIN, but now I cannot access this facility.

Not much help, I'm afraid, but plenty of sympathy; at 7 months on, whatdid you decide to do?

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 3 of 4

Hi, have you tried this troubleshooting guide?

Stew

0 Ratings
GrahamP2
Message 4 of 4

The only thing I haven't tried is a reset - does the BT8600 Advanced Call Blocker have one?  Strangely, I have just put Handset 2 on the Handset 1 base and it rings, but then the Handset 1 doesn't ring.  This suggests a weak wireless signal, but I do not get an "Out of Range" message which should alert me to this.

0 Ratings