cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT Advanced phone not working

Go to solution

Can you help please? My dad bought a BT Advanced phone, single handset with answering machine. Got it set up ok and added a few contacts. Yesterday after a short power cut, the handset spent hours trying to synchronise (with what), and all contacts disappeared from the phone. In the phonebook area it's not letting him save any new contacts. Tried to call him this morning, I couldn't hear him when he answered, he said he heard a voice and then some music. He's elderly and needs to have a landline available at all times. I tried to reset, but this didn't do anything. Any help appreciated!!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Advanced phone not working

Go to solution

Hi @Joannem 

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry for the problems your Dad is having with the phone he purchased.  I completely understand that he is elderly and needs the phone available at all times.  The best thing to do would be to have a chat with product support.  Do you know the exact model of handset he has?

A quick google search will get you the user guide and the number for product support will be on there.  Alternatively, let me know the model he has and I'll find it for you and will post it here.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi Robbie,

Thanks for your reply. We looked at the user manual last night, and there was no mention at all of synchronising handsets. It's strange, as any mention of that on this forum is with people with multiple handsets, and not just a single handset. The only advice it provided was to reset the handset, which we did and it made no difference. I can't remember off the top of my head what model he has, I know the front of the manual just said BT Advanced Phone. If you are able to provide me with the number for product support though that would be appreciated. I'll be heading to his house shortly and we hope to try and give them a call then.

Thanks

Joanne

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Joannem 

Thanks for getting back to me.

Is this the phone he has? - https://shop.bt.com/products/bt-advanced-phone---one-handset-090638-D9R4.html

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hi Robbie,

That's the one!

Thanks

Joanne

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@Joannem wrote:

Hi Robbie,

That's the one!

Thanks

Joanne

OK Cool @Joannem 

Here's the link to the user guide:  BT Advanced Phone user guide

The number for product support is on page 65.  For your convenience, the number is 0800 145 6789.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks Robbie. I called the helpline and they've advised that the base is faulty and I've to return it to point of purchase. I appreciate your help in trying to solve the issue though 😊

Joanne

Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

@Joannem wrote:

Thanks Robbie. I called the helpline and they've advised that the base is faulty and I've to return it to point of purchase. I appreciate your help in trying to solve the issue though 😊

Joanne

You are very welcome @Joannem 

Enjoy the rest of your day and stay safe.

Cheers,

Robbie