cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Space_Husky
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Broadband Extender not working the way it should!!

So I have 2 pairs of Ethernet extenders working together. Everything was fine but for the past week now I've not been able to get Internet or even sustainable internet to my computer.

The reason I use two pairs is because my computer is in my outside office which runs on a separate circuit so I bridge the connection from the pair in the house to the pair in the office.

My extenders have now started screwing up. The lights don't exactly mean what they're said to mean and I'm unable to use any internet. Here's a run down of what the lights mean compared to what they're really doing.

Green = High transfer speed (No internet what so ever)

Orange = Medium transfer speed (I get high transfer speed)

Red = Low transfer speed (Differs between low and medium)

Not only that, every time I reset everything (I've tried every possible reset/restart suggested in other forums) I get high transfer speed for about 20 seconds then it drops to nothing. I should note that my Wi-Fi speed is perfectly fine and so we're these extenders up until now.
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Space_Husky
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Broadband Extender not working the way it should!!

This is the Data light I'm on about just so you guys know. This just happened, as the light went red my download speed went to its maximum, now a minute later it's at steady green and I can't do anything involving a network. Clearly not what it's meant to mean.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

You can only have one powerline type  adapter running on your mains wiring, that will be the master. All others must be slaved off that master unit. You will run the risk of an Ethernet bridge otherwise.

If the separate circuit still originates from you consumer unit, then all the slaved units shoud work to the one master.

There is no need to connect two together, otherwise you are going to get problems.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Space_Husky
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

I tried just one pair when I got them but it didn't work. It only started working when I bridged to a second which for months now has been working flawlessly without any problems. It's only this past week where they've started to perform the way they should.
0 Ratings
Space_Husky
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

*shouldn't
0 Ratings