cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

BT COMPLETE WIFI DISC

Go to solution

If I buy a BT complete wifi disc from ebay can I use it with my existing BT 2.0 router or would I need to sign up to the £5 a month add-on? thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT COMPLETE WIFI DISC

Go to solution

Hi @anonymous7egend   No you don’t have to sign up for the complete WiFi guarantee. If you don’t already have the Complete WiFi in the BT App you may have to call to get it added to the App. You may need it to set up the Disc.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

thank you so much for the reply. Can I not set it up using the ethernet cable? Is it essential that I need the app? I live in a shared house so wanted to get the disc from ebay and use it in my room. I dont have the logins as that is with the letting agency

thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @anonymous7egend   Yes, you should be OK according to the help screen.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/63270/~/how-do-i-set-up-complete-wi-fi%3F

1. Plug one end of the ethernet cable into a yellow port on the back of the Hub and the other end into the yellow port on the disc
  2. The light on the Wi-Fi disc will start flashing blue and will turn solid blue after a couple of minutes
  3. You can now unplug the cable. The light will change to flashing red, but will go back to solid blue after a few seconds
  4. Unplug the disc from the mains and plug it in at the preferred location