cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT DUAL BAND Wi-Fi EXTENDER 600.

We have recently been upgraded to SUPER FAST FIBRE BROADBAND which meant that we were supplied with a new Smart Hub / Router.

Previously we had a BT No 6 Smart Hub / Router.

Due to the fact that our internet is not very good in our house we have a BT DUAL BAND Wi-Fi EXTENDER 600. This worked well with the BT No 6 Smart Hub / Router.

However with the new Smart Hub / Router I am unable to set up the extender. The User Guide instructions supplied with the Extender do not work. I have tried the WPS Connection without success, however my printer connected through WPS without problems.

I cannot find any instructions anywhere on the BT website or anywhere else as to how to set up the extender with the new Smart Hub / Router

My computer is running on WINDOWS 10

I would appreciate if you could supply detailed instructioms as how to set up the extender with the new Hub / Router.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT DUAL BAND Wi-Fi EXTENDER 600.

go to hub manager  192.168.1.254 and turn off smart setup

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Thanks for your reply. I have switched OFF Smart Set up but no difference. I have tried WPS connection but no success I can find the Extender in Available Networks and have tried to connect but no success
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

try manually without WPS

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

I have tried manually and I can find the extender in the list of available networks

I select it but cannot find how to enter the wireles key

I am running Windows 10

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Why did you change hub, the new one is exactly the same as the old one?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

The new hub has a socket for the cable to go in labelld WAN,  We have upgraded to Fibre To The Premises.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Ah, you didn't mention that, you said you had upgraded to Superfast rather than Ultrafast, I assumed you had gone from standard broadband to FTTC.

You could try changing the SSIDs and passwords on the new hub to those of the old hub and see if that helps.

0 Ratings