cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

BT Decor 2600 with Call Guardian

Installed BT Decor 2600 for my mother in law.

When we've done the setup the display screen shows Call Barring at the top right hand part of the screen and not Call Guardian.

Can't seem to toggle between the two options meaning that we can't use the Call Guardian functionality properly. Exaccerbated by the fact that my Mother in Law lives 300 miles away and is not very good with tech!

I have a similar machine at home and resetting mine defaults to the Call Guardian option on the display screen.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Decor 2600 with Call Guardian

A few educated guesses having browsed the user guide online:

• Call Barring may have to be cancelled before Call Guardian can be turned on;
  • Call Guardian may require prior action before activation:
    • In answer phone mode you may need to record a message
    • In announce mode you may need to have set up a contacts list
  • In any event you must, of course, have Caller Display set up and enabled with BT.
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Thanks for the suggestions Longshanks0511.

I can confirm that Caller Display is set up as numbers in the phone book which we have set to Allowed are appearing on the Call Log with the appropriate short form name that we created.

One further bit of info which may contribute to the discussion. We set up the phone about three weeks ago and for the first week everything seemed to function OK. I made a test call from my mobile and it appeared on the display screen and the phone rang, so I was happy with my set up.

What may complicate matters is the fact that there is a personal alarm also connected. (The type where the user wears a pendant which can notify a central control in an emergency.)  Also, there is a second telephone (on the same line) in the users bedroom and this rings out when incoming calls have been filtered by the 2600.

I will get my brother in law to test these out next time he visits.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 11

Hello, can you help? I want to set up call Guardian and I have no idwa how to start .......There is nothing on the BT website. Thanks, Maggie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

@Maggie28 wrote:

Hello, can you help? I want to set up call Guardian and I have no idwa how to start .......There is nothing on the BT website. Thanks, Maggie

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/55409/~/bt-decor-2600-advanced-call-blocker

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 11

Thank you distinguished sage! sorry I don't have a BT phone .... does it only work with BT phones? I have caller display y on mine ..... 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

Hi Maggie

The BT Decor 2600 telephone is a separate piece of kit. If you google it you will see plenty of options for where to buy one. Plenty of people sell online if you can't get out under the current circumstances. There are other types of BT decor phone available, I just quoted the one that we bought a few years ago.

You need caller display functioning which you have but that on its own is not sufficient.

Cheers

David

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

Hi Maggie

For clarification you do not need to have your landline through BT for the Decor 2600 phone to work.

Cheers

David

Highlighted
Message 9 of 11

Thank you
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 11

Just to confirm the BT Decor 2600 Advanced Call Blocker phone can be used on any UK service provider’s line. For the call blocker to work you require caller ID from the service provider.
The phone looks in the phones contacts list and allowed list to ring the phone rout to the answer phone or just not ring.
I would recommend that caller has a selection of contact saved before you turn on BT call blocking. (it’s Not Call Guardian)
See BT Help at: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/55409/~/bt-decor-2600-advanced-call-blocker
The setup will ask you for the date so it has the year as the Caller ID doesn’t provide this data. And also if you would like to Turn on BT Call Blocking, Say NO for now..
After a few days, look at the calls list and save to the contacts.
All calls saved in your Contacts or Allow list do not have to announce their name, those on your Blocked list will hear, “Callers to this number are being screened by BT Call Blocking, the person you are calling is not accepting your call. Please hang up”.