cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
illysium96
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT Decor 2600 with Call Guardian

Installed BT Decor 2600 for my mother in law.

When we've done the setup the display screen shows Call Barring at the top right hand part of the screen and not Call Guardian.

Can't seem to toggle between the two options meaning that we can't use the Call Guardian functionality properly. Exaccerbated by the fact that my Mother in Law lives 300 miles away and is not very good with tech!

I have a similar machine at home and resetting mine defaults to the Call Guardian option on the display screen.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Longshanks0511
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Decor 2600 with Call Guardian

A few educated guesses having browsed the user guide online:

• Call Barring may have to be cancelled before Call Guardian can be turned on;
  • Call Guardian may require prior action before activation:
    • In answer phone mode you may need to record a message
    • In announce mode you may need to have set up a contacts list
  • In any event you must, of course, have Caller Display set up and enabled with BT.
illysium96
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Decor 2600 with Call Guardian

Thanks for the suggestions Longshanks0511.

I can confirm that Caller Display is set up as numbers in the phone book which we have set to Allowed are appearing on the Call Log with the appropriate short form name that we created.

One further bit of info which may contribute to the discussion. We set up the phone about three weeks ago and for the first week everything seemed to function OK. I made a test call from my mobile and it appeared on the display screen and the phone rang, so I was happy with my set up.

What may complicate matters is the fact that there is a personal alarm also connected. (The type where the user wears a pendant which can notify a central control in an emergency.)  Also, there is a second telephone (on the same line) in the users bedroom and this rings out when incoming calls have been filtered by the 2600.

I will get my brother in law to test these out next time he visits.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings