cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nickgrimshaw
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

BT Disc Issue

My BT disc stopped working after about 4 months. It will not now connect up wirelessly after I have paired up with my BT 2 Smart Hub router.  Whilst next to the router I can get it to connect wirelessly but once I try to moved away from router to a different socket it will not work.  It even doesn't work if I just switch it off and on without moving away from the router.  Yes I have pressed the WPS buttons - many, many times.  Is it faulty, please advise?

When using BT App it eventually took me to BT.com and said I did not have a landline - obviously incorrect and as useful as a chocolate fireguard.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
albertj
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Disc Issue

Hi @nickgrimshaw

Welcome to the Community!

If the disk is connected to the router with an ethernet cable - does it turn blue?

When you try and put it in the place close to where you are unable to get a signal - what colour does it go?

Not to worry, if it has been 4 months, I assume you are in contract so if the device is faulty; BT should send you a new one.

Thanks

--
If I have helped you in anyway please press the Kudo button (thumbs up)
If I have resolved your post please click 'Mark as Accepted Solution'
0 Ratings
nickgrimshaw
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Yes, it works perfectly well next to the hub and the light turns to constant blue. Once I unplug the device to move it away from the hub it only goes as far as flashing red. This also happens if I switch the device off when it is next to the hub. So the only way I can get it to work is with an ethernet cable.
0 Ratings
albertj
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 8

Try factory resetting the disk and router - use a paper clip to push the reset button for about 10 seconds.

If this doesn’t work - call BT and see about getting a new one.
--
If I have helped you in anyway please press the Kudo button (thumbs up)
If I have resolved your post please click 'Mark as Accepted Solution'
nickgrimshaw
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Yes, this did sort of work and I had got to this stage before your post.  Your comments may help others though. Funny thing is, this disc was working fine for four months in a bedroom upstairs away from the router and now I cannot get a signal in that room.  Have now had to move the disc very marginally nearer the hub in a different room upstairs.

Anyone thinking of buying one of these disc maybe in for a shock as to how many they may require, even in a small house.  At £100 a time from BT could be rather costly.

0 Ratings
lnajr02
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 8

Hi just checking are discs White or Black?
0 Ratings
nickgrimshaw
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Black

0 Ratings
lnajr02
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 8

As BT, guarantees flawless Wi-Fi in every room of your home. With complete WiFi call them , your paying for the service.

You should get faster wi-fi and be able to stream HD content anywhere in your home.
0 Ratings