Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
southcoastsounds
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

BT Dual-Band Wi-Fi Dongle 900

I have a BT Smarthub and thought I'd better upgrade my wifi dongle from the 600 to the 900 to take advantage of the ac11 wireless standard offered by the hub.

I'm on infinity plus and live within half a mile of my phone exchange.  With the 600 dongle I was getting download speeds of 70mbps but now Ive fitted the 900 its gone down to about 50mbps.

I've tried it over several days now. Reinstalled, from latest drivers etc. Any ideas anyone as to why the 900 provides me with a slower wifi connection than the 600?

Thanks in anticipation, Tom

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Dual-Band Wi-Fi Dongle 900

Hi @southcoastsounds Did you manage to get this issue resolved? If not then try this Help Page and the contact information for the product helpdesk is available if you cannot find an answer to your question.

Cheers

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Oxlade1
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Dual-Band Wi-Fi Dongle 900

Do you know which band (2.4GHz or 5GHz) the new dongle is using?

It may be that your 600 was connecting with 5GHz (faster) but your new 900 is using 2.4GHz.

Does your Hub have the same SSID for both bands or have you separated them?

0 Ratings