Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
queenr
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

BT Dual Band Wifi Dongle 600 - Windows 10 Install

Hi

I'm trying to install the driver for this Wifi dongle on an Intel NUC running windows 10 but the install dialogue does not have the option to press Next or Cancel after it starts. Installed the same driver on a Windows 10 laptop without issue. Anyone know to get around this  issue?

Cheers

R

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: BT Dual Band Wifi Dongle 600 - Windows 10 Install

Have you seen the help page http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45437/~/dual-band-wi-fi-dongle-600

It does not specifically mention Windows 10, so perhaps your laptop was upgraded from Windows 8, to Windows 10, and the drivers are still there.

Windows 8 drivers are on this BT link http://btsupport.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44173

0 Ratings
queenr
Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Hi Keith

I used the same windows 10 driver on both the NUC and the laptop and both were upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 a while back.  Are you suggesting that I try the windows 8 driver instead.

Many thanks

R

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Well there is not a Windows 10 driver listed on the BT product website, so you could try the Windows 8 one.

If that fails, then its possible one of the BT Device experts, who post on this forum, may be able to help.

0 Ratings
Coight
Message 5 of 11

There is no Windows 10 driver listed on the BT product website

0 Ratings
queenr
Contributor
Message 6 of 11

Hi

I used the windows 10 version of the driver from here:-

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/45467/c/1243

Is this not the correct site to use?

Cheers

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

Yes that is the right one, it was not listed on the page I looked at originally.

0 Ratings
queenr
Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Thanks, well that is the one that isn't working for me on the Windows 10 Intel Nuc but did install ok for me on a Windows 10 laptop.

Cheers
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

Its possible that the NUC hardware is not compatible with the USB device.

I used to have a NUC (Novatech Pockit) until it overheated and failed. That had a wifi card inside already, but I removed it to improve the cooling. The units can overheat if you are not careful.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
queenr
Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Hi Keith

The NUC is working ok with it's internal wifi card, but I've bought a fanless case to transfer it too. The idea of using the usb wifi dongle was to have a back up, I know the dongle is working ok, I have proved it on a laptop. It is when I'm installing the driver that I get the issue with the installation dialogue where I cannot see the "Next" button (I could see it during the same install process on the laptop. I thought it was perhaps the screen resoltion on the NUC, I tried changing that to no avail. The only other thing I can think of is perhaps it's something to do with the default browser on the NUC is interfering with the installation dialogue.

Cheers

R

0 Ratings