cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT Essential Phones - phones not muted but sometimes I cannot be heard at the other end

I have a set of BT Essential Trio phones. Often, the person we call cannot hear us. We think we have narrowed this down to any number we call when we have to select 1/2/3 etc to select one of a set of services.  Calls direct to someone who speaks to us are ok.

I called the BT helpline this morning and was asked to reset the phones. I have done that but it's still the same. Has anyone else had this trouble? 

We are using fibre broadband from Hyperoptic and the base phone is plugged directly into the router, not a wall socket.

Any ideas? Hyperoptic said they just provide the line and any issue using the phone is down to the phone.

Thanks 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Essential Phones - phones not muted but sometimes I cannot be heard at the other end

Hi, @SidewaysSyd Have you tried another phone to see if that helps? That sounds more like an issue with the line which I presume is VoIP rather than the handset.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Essential Phones - phones not muted but sometimes I cannot be heard at the other end

Appallingly rude of me to have not checked for any answers..sorry Neil. Yes, this is VoIP - the phone is plugged directly into the router.  I will try and borrow someone's phone and will also plug mine into their's. I'm in an apartment block...BT can only offer basic broadband speeds here so nearly all are on Sky or Hyperoptic.

Since I opened this record, we've started using mobile over wireless so most calls go from our mobiles now - we use the landline less often. But yesterday I was holding on 111 for 40 minutes on the landline and when I was answered, he couldn't hear me and that's what reminded me about this open record.

0 Ratings