cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flybiffo
Message 1 of 3

BT Essentials Wi-Fi Extender 300 Too Many Redirects

Recently installed the BT Essentials Wi-Fi Extender 300.     Now all connected iphones using  google chrome report an error for both new and often used web sites.    This has never been seen before installing the extender:

redirected you too many times.

ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS

strange but true......a solution gratefully received....clearing cookies tried but is not the solution.

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Essentials Wi-Fi Extender 300 Too Many Redirects

Hi @flybiffo Welcome to the community and thanks for posting, can you try resetting the extender by following the below instructions to see if that fixes this problem?

1. Make sure the extender is plugged in and the power socket’s switched on (check On/Off switch on the top is in the On position)

2. Press the Reset button for one second. Give it a couple of minutes to reboot

If everything’s OK, the Power indicator will light up and then after approximately 20 seconds the Too close and Too far red lights will flash together.

See the extender’s settings card (on the back of the user guide and the extender) for default factory settings.

0 Ratings
flybiffo
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Essentials Wi-Fi Extender 300 Too Many Redirects

Nope rebooting everything did not work, and I've since discovered that if I connect to the home hub on its 2 bar signal then I dont get this problem but when connecting to the extender then the error comes back.   Is the extender faulty ?

0 Ratings