cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Littlepace
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT Ethernet extenders with TP Router

So I'm currently in touch with BT moderators from this forum about my issues with speed, order, new router and whatnot. But whilst i'm waiting for it to be sorted I wanted to know if my second PC is getting worse speeds because of the ethernet extenders im using. Basically I have these BT extenders that plug into the wall, one by my pc, and one by my router. Then I can connect them via ethernet. However, I'm getting lower speeds than the PC that is directly connected via ethernet. Is this because these extenders aren't very good or is it that they wont work very well with a TP-Link router when they are designed for a BT Homehub. They always gave me the max speeds when I was on ADSL with the Homehub 4, but I'm getting 10-15 down and a shocking 0.37 upload. Whilst the other PC (whilst still not getting speeds promised) is getting about 20 down and 1.5 upload.

Thanks for any help

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Littlepace
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Ethernet extenders with TP Router

Bump
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Possibly due to poor transmission through your mains wiring.

Both ends need to be plugged directly into a wall socket, not via any mains extension leads.

They will work with any router.

0 Ratings
Littlepace
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Ok I've got the one next to my router plugged into a extension socket. Possibly that is causing the issue. Thanks for your help.
0 Ratings