Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aman969
Beginner
Message 11 of 15

Re: BT Flex 600 powerline adaptor Very Slow Speeds

hi, 

Im not too sure but the electricals are fairly new as there is a new extension being built could this be the reason why, extending the circuit or no?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 15

@aman969 wrote:

hi, 

Im not too sure but the electricals are fairly new as there is a new extension being built could this be the reason why, extending the circuit or no?

No idea really, but I would have expected some form of indication on the adapters themselves, if there was a connection issue. The answer is to try them side by side, and check the speed, to prove whether that is the issue.

0 Ratings
aman969
Beginner
Message 13 of 15

i have connected my laptop to the adaptor but still got nothing
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 15

I cannot offer any more help, than what I have suggested, apart from to send them back and try a different brand.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 15

You haven't said in what circumstances/environment you are using the adaptors so it could be they environment you are using them in that is causing the low speeds.

Powerline adaptors are very dependant on the condition of the electrical cable that they are running over and should be on the same ring main going through the same consumer unit to get the best performance.

Have you tried them in different electrical sockets?

Are you able to try them at a different address to see how they perform there, which if they improve it could point to an issue with your electrical set up.

EDIT: Posts crossed. 

If it is your extension that you are using the adaptor, is your extension on the same ring and the same consumer unit (fuse box)?

0 Ratings