cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matt5100
Message 1 of 4

BT Home Extender SSID Change on a Mac with Non-BT Router

Hello!

BT are refusing to provide me with support and basically keep hanging up on me, both on the phone and via the chat.  The amount of time i've lost with these attempts is really frustrating.

I have a BT product, so I expect support.  I may not have a BT router.. it should not matter..

OK, so I have a BT Home Extender Flex to extend my SKY broadband.

All I want to do is change the SSID of the home extender.  I cannot enter any form of setup for this extender -  please help.

I want to do this, so I dont have to keep changing networks depending what room i'm in..

I tried downloading BT Device Configuration Tool - but it is a .exe/.iso file -  I have a mac...  how depressing! 

Spoiler

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Home Extender SSID Change on a Mac with Non-BT Router

Find the IP address of the extender in your router connection list. You can then connect to the management page of the extender and change the SSID.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
matt5100
Message 3 of 4

Thank you.. I will try..!

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Not that I can see the point. It is much better to have different SSIDs, that way you know which device you are connected to. If the networks and passwords are stored on your devices, they will just connect to which ever device they wish anyway. You won't get seamless roaming by giving them all the same SSID, the connection will still drop and re-connect.

0 Ratings