Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgl
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 22

Re: BT Hub 6 Access Control Problem

Thanks for the info on iOS 14.

Yes unfortunately I have to hope that my son does not realise the significance of the private address setting but at least I know how to get back the control without loosing the Wi-fi connection to all our devices. I don’t know why it was enabled and of course cannot ask without giving the game away. It is a constant battle with teenagers these days to keep on top of their gaming etc. 

As for the assumption that owners of iPhones would likely not need access control, I would note that so many parents have business or private contracts which give them upgrade options or just want the latest phone for themselves that many young teenagers have at least hand-me-down older iPhones or smart phones. To not have at least an older model of a smart phone is a status problem for many young teenagers. Then they need a pc to do their homework or remote learning in these pandemic times and so many have consoles as well. Control options are vital.   Windows 10 has the most useless parental controls which are very simple for a child to switch off. 

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 22 of 22

Re: BT Hub 6 Access Control Problem

Hi @jgl, another feature that may help is the BT Parental controls, these are applied to the broadband connection and not the device so they can't be bypassed.  

0 Ratings