cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Hub 6 Technical Logs

Go to solution

Hi all

Some time ago I opted out of BT Wifi. I have recently noticed on my Hub 6 that BT Wifi is 'Active'

I am not sure if it really is active or it is just misinformation. Can someone tell me what technical logs show if there has been any attempted '3rd party' sign-in. Which category within the logs show any attempted sign-ins and what does a typical log line look like?

Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Hub 6 Technical Logs

Go to solution

No sign ins will be shown in the logs as the network is entirely separate.

You can tell if it is active by seeing what wifi SSIDs your devices show.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Hi, thanks for that prompt reply.

On several of my devices I am seeing a BT Wifi SSID with a good signal and can access the log-in page of BT Wifi. Of course I don't know if it is my hotspot or maybe that of a neighbour who has BT Broadband and active BT Wifi!

I recall before I opted out of BT Wifi that I could see odd log entries which is what prompted me to opt out. The entries stopped after I opted out. I just cannot remember which log categories they were in, or what their format was.

S

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@steviebobs1  take a look at my message 17 in this post : BT SMART HUB 2 Firmware 026.03.01826 - Page 2 - BT Community

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks Dippu

I actually spoke to a guy in BT a bit earlier and he confirmed that I had definitely opted out but BT were unable to change the status on the router. I am happy to leave it as it is now.

Thanks all

Steve

0 Ratings