Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

BT Hub 6 WiFi issue

Go to solution

Hi

I sold my BT Hub 6 (in June 2018) which was supplied by BT. Upon my contract being up and me leaving for another provider.  I never used the Hub and received it a month or 2 before leaving direct from BT.

The eBay buyer has now complained of WiFi issue and how the Smart Hub is not giving out a WiFi signal. The customer has a Type A SH6. Is there a known issue with SH suddenly stop broadcasting WiFi? If there is, any soloutions to the issue.

I should also note that it seems to be the Hub was working without issue for nearly 3 months until the buyer informed me on the second week of September.

Thank You.

NE

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Hub 6 WiFi issue

Go to solution

Not seen any problems with hh6 not providing a wifi signal especially if working when you had it

suggest turning off smart setup, splitting networks, change channels, change wireless mode

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
B13blues
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

After you suggest they try those fixes i'd politely tell them that a second hand router that has worked for 3 months is no longer your problem. You've already done more than i'd do.

Highlighted
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thank You both Smiley Happy

it seems the buyer has stopped communicating after 2 days.  

Not my problem anymore as the device was sold working and has been working until now.

NE