cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

BT Hub Model Name

Go to solution

My BT smart hub does not have it's model name on it - how do I find out the model name?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT Hub Model Name

Go to solution

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/learn-about-broadband/different-types-of-bt-hub

There may also be a clue in the SSID that the WiFi broadcasts.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

There are clues in the hub manager page.

What version of firmware does it have? Different hubs have different numbering schemes, if you post the version we can tell the version of hub.

Does have a toggle to set Full Fibre (FTTP) mode in Advanced settings > Broadband?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Right, thanks for that, from the images it's a BT Smart Hub 2. I'm a new BT customer, moved over from Virgin. I needed to know the hub model for my next question 😁

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Hi

Firmware version: v0.41.00.07076-BT

Although this is a "smart" hub, I can't connect to the network with my 2.4GHz devices, only the 5GHz devices are recognised.  Though using different channels, both networks have the same name. I think it would be easier if they had different names to identify which is 2.4 and which is 5, but can that be done? Seems not, but under advanced settings, each has a QR code - is that there for manual differentiation? 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

You're correct, the SSIDs for the 2.4 & 5GHz bands can't be split. All you can do is temporarily turn off 5GHz while you connect 2.4 devices. Otherwise you're looking at buying a WAP to provide what you need.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
Why 'temporarily turn off 5GHz' in this Hub? Why not leave it off if, your equipment has worked OK in the past without that frequency? In my 'experimental' SH2 from ebay I have turned off the 5GHz band and would keep it that way if I were actually using this device. However, I want BT to send me one when the switchover comes and so assume they could tell if I was already using a 2nd one?
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

@HHGTTGwrote:
Why 'temporarily turn off 5GHz' in this Hub?

Because 5GHz is faster & less prone to interference from neighbours. But I suppose disabling it completely is an option.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
My current Smart Hub (6) has the ability to split the frequencies but my equipment is only firectrd towards the 2.4GHz band. No problems fir my needs.
0 Ratings