Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pjsaund
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT Inspiration system

Go to solution
Hi everyone

I've just moved into my new home and discovered that I have no less than 22 phone sockets ....

6 of them are masters so I assume they are connected to (deactivated) direct lines

I've discovered a BT Inspiration phone exchange in a back room which (much to my surprise) seems to be working after being off for at least 5 years. All the other sockets now have a (slightly strange sounding) dial tone, but there's no outside line access as the exchange line is dead (being connected next week I hope).

The previous tenants (it was a commercial building) left some Featurephone handsets but for some unfathomable reason took all the power supplies.

So.... 2 questions

1) Do I actually need the Featurephone(s)
2) Does anyone know what voltage the missing PSU's are?

Thanks for any help

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
JohnC2
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT Inspiration system

Go to solution

Hi @Pjsaund Sorry you have not received any replies. As this is a business product and this is the residential forum you may find you can get an answer on the Business Forum  

In the meantime I have located the userguide which you will need Adobe to view and this may be of help to you.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Pjsaund
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks, John - I've posted a similar question on the business forum - no replies there either.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Its designed to connect via a 2Mb link, back to a FeatureNet exchange unit located in the local exchange. Its not going to be any use to you, as a residential user.

Pjsaund
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
According to the manual it can be connected to PSTN lines (1 to 6 depending on the options fitted)???
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Featurenet can handle single exchange lines as well. Not sure how popular it is these days, as when I retired, many companies were moving over to VOIP, that was nearly eight years ago.

Many of the local exchanges has FSUs in them, but I would imagine most of these are now obsolete.

Phones were a mixture of analogue and digital types.

0 Ratings