cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JulianGuppy
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT Mesh networks does the IPHONE app allow for this

So I have a MESH network at my home in watford.... this is all fine, app on my iphone  - lovely

However, I am going to need to install a WIFI mesh in my mums home, but the interface on the iphone app is not very encouraging and doesnt appear to allow for this so If I have two locations can I manage both from my iphone app... I am not going to spend £300 on something I cant then setup or have to get a second phone for... 

google search does not present me with any relavant results, and neither on here.... so the question is If I have two locations can the app on my phone manage both and switch between one and the other... 

and before you suggest using her phone, she is 82 and barely uses a landline, doesnt charge her basic non smart mobile and doesnt believe in the internet... ho hum. But I have to get internet cameras in there for her security so can I do this? can I have two locations and manage both from my iphone? 

I would appreciate a timely answer from anybody

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Mesh networks does the IPHONE app allow for this

See the help pages:-

Can I use the app with multiple Whole Home Wi-Fi network instances?

Yes, this feature is supported.

When switching between Whole Home Wi-Fi networks, you'll be prompted by the app to confirm your selection.

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/64213#q2

0 Ratings
Darren_B
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 3 of 5

Hi JulianGuppy,

Yes it is possible to manage multiple BT Whole Home Wi-Fi networks using the App.  However, when you switch between each network you will be prompted to re-enter the Admin password to continuing managing that network.

Darren_B

777ism
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Thank you.
0 Ratings
lnajr02
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

The app only works locally so if out of WiFi range and the Wi-Fi names are not the same the app will just connect and allow you to manage the devices. I have two whole home networks on two broadbands no problems.

0 Ratings