Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 8

BT Mini Connecter Disconnects

Hello,

I have 5 BT Mini Connecters placed around the house and they work fine most of the time but they randomley like to disconnect. So far this only happens to 2 of them. This can happen at anytime, dosent matter if the computer is using the internet or just idle it will just stop working. All 3 lights on the Mini Connecter will still be on but i can't access the internet or the Hub dashboard via 192.168.1.254. However, if i go to a working computer and go to the Hub Dashboard the computer will still be connected. I have tried changing the socket its plugged into, changing the ethernet cable, resetting the connecter, relinking all the connecters to the main one by the HUB. However i also have 2 Simpler Networks Powerline Adapters i had from the old BT Vision+ Box and i have them connected to the main connecter like the rest and if i plug the affected computer into it it connects stright away and i can proceed to swap the connecter back with the mini connecter and it starts working again. If anyone can help me with this issue it will be much appreciated. Below i have a list of all the equipment involved.

5x BT Mini Connecters 1Gbps, 2x Simpler Networks 200Mbps Powerline Adapters and a BT Hub 4

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Mini Connecter Disconnects

You cannot mix two different systems on the same network. You must also only have one mini connector connected to the home hub, and all the others must be paired to that one master, which I assume you have done.

The Simpler network adapter will interfere with the BT Mini connectors, so leave those adapters unplugged from the mains, and just use the mini connectors.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 8

I have eveything setup how its ment to with one connecter plugged into the hub and all the rest linked to it.

I also dont use the Simpler Network adapters as i have no need for them anymore. I only used them to test to see if they worked.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

That`s fine.

The next step would be to factory reset the HH4, to clear out any old connections, as that is the only way to remove them, as they never expire.

Try the usual fixes for the home hub, in this order.

factory reset the home hub.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11386/%7E/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-hub-to-its-factory-set...

Then turn Smart Setup off.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Thank You for the reply but I wont be trying this step as I am reciving my new BT Smart Hub 2 Tomorrow which will come factory reset with no issues. So hopefully this fixes the issue. I will keep this updated

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

Hello,

I have received my new Smart Hub 2 today and its all setup and working including the disc however, The mini connecters are still disconnecting randomly. I have unlinked all of them apart from the 2 that dont unlink and have relinked the other 3 to one and used it as the main connecter connected to port 1 on the smart hub with no luck.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

Hello, I'm still having issues with the adapters. I no longer use a mini connector with my computer instead I use the port on the WIFI Disc however,  the issue still persists on the other computers in the house.  I have looked around on the Smart Hub 2 for any setting that could help but with no avail. The only thing I have found is to reset the adapter and relink it, after this the computer reconnects and this lasts for a few hours until it needs to be done again. Any help is very much appreciated as I really don't want to buy new ones.

Thank You

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

As the fault has manifested itself with 2 different hubs, the problem is either with your mains wiring or the Mini Connectors.

There are no settings that can be changed that will have any effect.

0 Ratings