cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 1

BT Mini Connector speed drop

Hi,

Apologies for repeating this because I've seen a number of people with the same issue when I've googled it, but none of those posts seem to have an answer for why it happens or how to fix it.

Due to the walls in my flat meaning WiFi speed is terrible, I have my PC connected to the SmartHub via BT Mini Connectors, through the power sockets. My problem is that every so often (apparently randomly, from what I can tell) these will significantly degrade the quality of my internet connection, dropping from the usual ~75mbps to anywhere from 0.3 to 1.3mbps, until I turn them off and on again at the socket at which point they return to their normal speed (but for how long is anyone's guess...)

Is there any way to stop it from doing this? It's really quite annoying when I'm in the middle of e.g. a video call and my internet speed plummets to a tiny fraction of what it was before, particularly when there doesn't seem to be a way of fixing it without disconnecting and reconnecting the Mini Connector.

Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Ratings