Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SarahB703
Beginner
Message 1 of 18

BT Mini Connectors - no data light

Go to solution

My BT mini connectors have been working fine for 2 months, but, suddenly, the data light has gone out meaning I cannot get broadband to the TV box.

I have tried resetting the mini connectors and the hub numerous times, but no luck.

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: BT Mini Connectors - no data light

Go to solution

@SarahB703 

Have you checked/replaced the Ethernet cables at each end?

Also make sure that the cable securing clips are not broken, as that will stop the Ethernet connections making proper contact.

If you still cannot get them to work, and you are still in a BT TV contract, then ask BT to replace them. They will loan you another pair, and they should sent a returns bag for the faulty ones.

Meanwhile, if you can run a temporary direct Ethernet cable between the home hub and the TV box, that should enable you to get things working again.

Darren_B
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 3 of 18

Go to solution

Hi Sarah,

Have you tried doing a full factory reset on both of the Mini Connectors?

• Press and hold 'Add' button on both of the Mini Connectors for 15 seconds (the Power LED will switch On/Off to indicate the reset has been initiated).

It's best to plug-in both the Mini Connectors next to each other for ease of resetting.  You'll then be able to see if both units have the Data light illuminated after the reset.

Many Thanks

Darren_B

SarahB703
Beginner
Message 4 of 18

Go to solution

Thanks but this still hasn't resolved the problem - will keep trying!

0 Ratings
SarahB703
Beginner
Message 5 of 18

Go to solution

Thanks Darren, that seems to have resolved the problem. 

Cheers

Sarah

0 Ratings
Darren_B
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 6 of 18

Go to solution

Excellent news Sarah!

I'm glad they're back up and running.  Thanks for letting us know the outcome.

Darren_B

0 Ratings
ianm73
Beginner
Message 7 of 18

Go to solution

Hi I’ve been having the same problem for about 2 weeks and multiple calls to BT. They have sent 2 separate replacement mini hub sets but I still can’t get the blue data light on the BT mini hub connectors from the router to the BT TV Box. 
mom getting 15MB download showing on a Speedtest from the BT app 

I’ve changed the cables. I’ve put the connectors on in sequence. I’ve fast reset them with the add button. I’ve reset the router and I’ve also checked the BT TV box is on the latest software. 
If I call BT again I’m sure they’ll just keep sending replacement mini hub connectors as they will say they’re fault. I can’t have had 3 faulty sets in a row!

any help is appreciated thanks 

0 Ratings
MurrayB
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 8 of 18

Go to solution

Hi ianm73,

Could you please confirm the Product Name and the Serial Number from the label on the device please so that we can confirm which product it is that you are using.  Hopefully then we can get a better idea of what the issue may be.

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
ianm73
Beginner
Message 9 of 18

Go to solution

BT Mini Connector v2 087372+1942017004

I’ve tried them in different electrical sockets (the old hubs worked for a year in the same sockets). 

ive run an Ethernet cable from the router to the BT Tv box and the box can access apps etc which requires data. Just seems odd that 3 sets of mini connectors will have failed 

0 Ratings
Billymatronics
Beginner
Message 10 of 18

Go to solution

Hi ianm73 did  you get this resolved?

Our mini connectors keep dropping data (but pick it up again randomly) but also we use PowerLine adaptors (old BT supplied ones) that is having the same problem and can't get green line data at all.... 

0 Ratings