Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raedor
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT Mini Hub - Manager Interface

Go to solution

Hi all,

Simple question, I hope. The manuals state I just need to type 'minihub.home' inorder to access the minihub manager. Yet this always resolves out to the message 'Firefox can't find the server at www.minihub.home'.

So I have to type in the IP address 192.168 etc.

Can anyone enlighten me to why the minhub.home does not work.

I have changed the SSID names for the 2.4 & 5 waves and upgraded the firmwre to V1.2.0, but thats it.

Many thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Mini Hub - Manager Interface

Go to solution

It might just be the way you have typed it here but if not, make sure you are not including the inverted commas when you type minihub.home in the address bar. Note the full stop between minihub and home.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

@Raedor wrote:

Hi all,

Simple question, I hope. The manuals state I just need to type 'minihub.home' inorder to access the minihub manager. Yet this always resolves out to the message 'Firefox can't find the server at www.minihub.home'.

So I have to type in the IP address 192.168 etc.

Can anyone enlighten me to why the minhub.home does not work.

I have changed the SSID names for the 2.4 & 5 waves and upgraded the firmwre to V1.2.0, but thats it.

Many thanks

Not sure why it is a problem, its no harder to type an IP address than a text string. In any case, you only need to type it once then bookmark it and stick it on your bookmark toolbar. Just need to click on it from then onwards.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Is your computer configured to use some DNS server other than the Home Hub, or are you using another router and not a Home Hub at all?  ".home" isn't a normal domain name - it's one that was invented by BT for its own devices.  So it will only resolve if you set your computer to ask a Home Hub for DNS lookups.

0 Ratings