cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
countryhome
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT Mini connectors don't behave as the manual says they should.

Hi,

i had a pair of BT mini connectors, one plugged into the router downstairs and one upstairs for a PC and PS4, all fine.

I wanted internet in the garden shed so i bought another pair, plugged one into the router, the other into the shed (which is wired up professionally for electricity), all fine.

My problem is that devices connected to the first pair in the house can't see devices in the shed, i know the adapters create their own mini network with encryption keys so i assume that's devices on one pair can't see devices on the other?

I read the manual and it implies that the adapters don't need to be connected in pairs, i went through the process of adding them individually to the existing pair but whatever i do it seems that one mini connector can only pair with one other mini connector, is that the case and if so why does the manual imply otherwise ?

Cheers, Gary.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Mini connectors don't behave as the manual says they should.

@countryhome 

You must only have one connected to your home hub, any others must be paired to that single one, other wise you could end up with an Ethernet loop..

From the help page.

Capture.JPG

countryhome
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thanks Keith, i tried with just one plugged into the router, i then followed the user guide instructions (as per the ones you've posted above) and could only pair 1 more connector, attempts to pair a second failed, i tried all 3 others.
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Not sure what to suggest apart from to ask for help from BT. Have you tried a factory reset on all of the mini connectors and then starting again with one plugged into the home hub, then pairing each one in turn, against the one plugged into the home hub?

I assume they are all in different rooms of the house?

Capture.JPG

There are a couple of BT Device experts who sometimes post on this forum, so I will see if one of them can post here.

0 Ratings
countryhome
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Yes did a factory reset too. When i paired them i made sure the one i was pairing with the router-attached adapter was in the plug socket right next to it, then plugged it in where i wanted it.
0 Ratings