cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sircoynie
Aspiring Expert
Message 31 of 37

Re: BT PREMIUM WHOLE HOME WIFI - ISSUES

I have no Sky Q and live in a detached house with no in range neighbour wifi and I am still being plagued with issues on this system. It needs reseting around 5 times a day now.
0 Ratings
Sircoynie
Aspiring Expert
Message 32 of 37

I have just been emailed by support, they are saying that news of the impending FW release will be announced in the next couple (that's 2 for people who are counting) of days.

0 Ratings
dechalac
Beginner
Message 33 of 37

@Sircoynie  Any updates on the impending FW release. I've just signed up to the Full Fibre 900 coming from ZEN. I have an Asus AX1100 GT as my main router currently and was looking to add 3 of the bt premium whole home Disk to the setup. 

Any advise would be greatly appreciated 

Cheers

Chris

0 Ratings
primming
Beginner
Message 34 of 37

I have Virgin Media Wi-Fi and I found my virgin media router made these discs unstable. I replaced the router with another make and switched the Virgin media router into modem mode.  Have been superb ever since and that was months ago.  I wonder whether there are other ISP routers out there that also have conflicts.  This isn’t the fault of the BT discs, it’s your poor firmware on a router 

0 Ratings
Sircoynie
Aspiring Expert
Message 35 of 37

Well I'm a BT FULL900 customer with a bit smart hub (all Wi-Fi turned off) connected to my BT WHOLE HOME PREMIUM mesh system and I’m still experiencing many many issues (I have posted in another thread).

Virgin hub compatibility was a major issue that appeared to somewhat be fixed. However, these PREMIUM devices still have many issues and are still not reliable for many. They also shipped without ADVERTISED functionality (Ethernet Backhaul and configurable steering). 

The whole thing is a complete joke to be honest and I for one know this will be my last BT branded product.

0 Ratings
primming
Beginner
Message 36 of 37

Good for you.

0 Ratings
msailg
Beginner
Message 37 of 37

I have Also been asked to disable the legacy steering because one of our Alexa smart speakers keeps disconnecting from streaming services such as radio 2 and amazon music and the only way listen again is to power off Alexa and restart. This is only started happening a few months ago. Currently on firmware V1.02.12 build02. Not premium discs, standard large ones.

What is legacy steering? And why would this help?

0 Ratings