cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

BT Premium Phone Answerphone messages

Go to solution

When an answerphone message is left , is there any way of detecting that there is an unheard  message on the  other base stations for the additional handsets. I know that the handset shows a message  on its screen when you pick it up. but the screen goes blank after a few seconds.

Many thanks

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT Premium Phone Answerphone messages

Go to solution

Hi @dephead2004 welcome back to the community and thanks for posting. Page 35 on the user guide explains how you can check and listen to answerphone messages on the handsets. I hope that helps?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks NeilO but my question was how to see there is a message on the phone (no base with or without answerphone) when it's resting.

So I come in and look to see if there's a message and I see a blank screen or clock. There's no indication that someone nice has left me a message.

UNLESS I pick up the handset then it show a message.

Is there any way of showing that there is a message at a glance?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

@dephead2004 I don't believe there is a way to do that without picking up the handset, sorry.  You can set an alert and the base will beep at intervals to let you know there's a new message if that helps?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Yes that might really help as an audible reminder. Thanks. Good thought

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

@dephead2004 no problem at all.

Thanks
Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Can I just come back to you NeilO on the audible warning. I have set handsets to on  under Settings/sounds/Alert tones/Voice message/on but the only audible tone is from the base station

Am I doing something wrong please?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

@dephead2004 No, I don't think you're doing anything wrong as that's what the user guide recommends. It may be worth talking to the premium phone helpdesk on 0800 145 6789 as they may have an alternative solution.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Also tried them but no joy. 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @dephead2004 I haven't used that particular phone myself but I presume it is working as intended and the features you are trying to use aren't available on it, sorry. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings