cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT Premium phone double beep since set up (not timed but poss every hour)

Recently set up my new bt premium phone. It sends a double beep alert about every hour. Seemingly no messages. Why?

So annoying. I see this has happened to several other users but can't see any published answers.

Please help.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Premium phone double beep since set up (not timed but poss every hour)

Hi @daviddj, welcome to the forum, and sorry you are getting this problem with the Premium phone.

Hopefully, a member of the community has found a resolution to this problem and will post it.
If not then the first thing to check is to ensure the battery is good on the handset?

If your phone is within warranty call the Premium phon help-desk on 0800 145 6789.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Please tell me you found an answer to this, as i am having the same issue, its driving me nuts!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

I did and it was instant , just came to me, no help from here or from BT who told me the problem was the battery (brand new phone). It was a setting on the phone notifying a message so I changed message notification settings. Pretty sure it was a message of a different format eg text sent to a landline.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Thank you for the quick reply, very much appreciated believe me, thank you.  🙂 

It was a brand new phone too. I had already disabled all notifications, messages, sounds, etc, I went through every single setting I could, altering one by one. It made no difference, guess it wouldn't it if its the batteries? Finally i gave up, lol an before I threw the thing at the wall, I decided to send it back to Amazon for a full refund, their supposed to be picking it up today! Even if its the batteries at fault, I shouldn't be receiving faulty batteries with a brand new phone, they held a full charge, I think it might be some other issue, maybe a fault with the base unit, a too small a capacitor maybe, so it beeps after a drop in electricity an because the capacitors too small it triggers? Any way, any fault on such an expensive phone, an no replies to your, or others questions from BT after so long, says to me their not worth it, after all its supposed to be their "Premium" phone! I went back to my, reliable, Panasonic, I will not be buying a BT phone again thats for sure.

I really do appreciate you replied though, i really do thank you again for that, i really do. Thank you. 🙂

0 Ratings