Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

BT Signal Assist

Go to solution

Hello,

Is anyone else expirencing problems with their Signal Assist device.  Mine stopped working at the weekend (03.11.19).  The light is just flashing green even after several resets and reboots.

I called BT yesterday and they told me that all the Signal Assist boxes nationwide are failing to operate.  They promised to keep me informed by email but, predictably, I have heard nothing.

If your box is working, please will you let me know.

Thanks.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Signal Assist

Go to solution

Mine is still working fine in Chandler's Ford just north of Southampton.

Richard

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks Richard,

Did you have any problems with it at all over the weekend, e.g. green light flashing, not steady?

Rob

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

The last time that it didn't work was a couple of months ago I think,
and then it was back online within a few hours.

I'll keep my fingers crossed if there are gremlins about!

Richard

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks again Richard,

I will see if I get any more information from the community about their Signal Assist devices.

If others are still working I will assume that I was given duff info yesterday and get back on to BT.

Have a good evening.

Rob

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @WightRob 

When I got home on Sunday mine was flashing green, however I'd had a 30 minute power cut while I was out so I put it down to that and did the usual power off etc hoping it would come back online. 

I left it flashing then last night it went red before going solid green and it's been okay since. From what you have said it looks like BT have had a problem and my power cut was coincidental. My impression has been that it's a lengthy process to get them back online or activated, I'm just guessing though.

I would remove the power supply for 5 minutes then power it back up and just leave it, maybe give it a couple of days.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks Andy,

I also had a power cut at the weekend and assumed that the Signal Assist problem was down to this.

I have come to the same conclusion that this was probaly just a coincidence.

BT have still not got back to me so I think I will try just laeving the box on and see what happens, as you suggest.

Rob

0 Ratings