cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

BT Smart Home Camera Firmware/Upgrade Failure

Have two Smart Cams which we purchased after previous model was no longer supported.

They have been absolutely fine until this week. One Camera is perfectly ok but the other says it requires an upgrade. No matter what I do, I run the upgrade and it fails - see photos. The other camera has upgraded to the latest firmware but the problem one has not. The weird thing is I am getting motion alerts and when I look on the app I can see the Events Photos. Please help this is driving me mad.This goes on for ages  then I get a Firmware Upgrade Failed message!This goes on for ages then I get a Firmware Upgrade Failed message!I press the buttonI press the button

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT Smart Home Camera Firmware/Upgrade Failure

Try a factory reset.

For Smart Home Cam:

1. Hold down the "Link button" on the back of your camera
  2. Switch the camera to OFF, whilst still holding the 'Link button'
  3. Whilst still holding the "Link button", switch the camera on again.
  4. Wait for around 20 seconds until you hear a loud beep, then release the 'Link button'

The camera has now reset to factory settings, wait a couple of minutes for it to restart.

For Smart Baby Monitor:

1. Hold down the "Link button" on the back of your camera
  2. Wait for around 10 seconds until you hear a loud beep, then release the 'Link button'

The camera has now reset to factory settings, wait a couple of minutes for it to restart.

Ref: https://www.bt.com/help/user-guides/security-products/home-security-products/bt-smart-controls-faqs-...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Thanks, I should have said I’ve done  a re install, a factory reset and have deleted and reinstalled the app ☹️

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 4 of 12

Hi,
When using the new BT Smart Controls application and pairing your BT Smart Baby Monitor (with 2.8” or 5” screen) or BT Smart Home Cam for the first time, the product will need a firmware update.
The firmware update process will start once you’ve completed the process of pairing the Baby Monitor or Smart Camera to your Wi-Fi network, and have pressed Continue (after confirming the name you want to use for the Smart Baby Monitor or Smart Home Camera). Once the Continue button has been pressed you’ll be presented with one of the following screens on the BT Smart Controls application:
• 1. The Baby Monitor naming confirmation screen with 3 bouncing dots indicating that the firmware is being updated; or
• 2. The Dashboard screen, showing your recently installed device, with the option to update the firmware manually.

Please leave the BT Smart Baby Monitor or BT Smart Home Cam connected to both power and the Wi-Fi for approximately 10-15 minutes once either of these screens has been presented. Disconnecting the power or removing the BT Smart Baby Monitor or BT Smart Home Camera from the application will result in the firmware update failing.

Once the firmware update has completed you’ll be able to use the product as expected.

Many thanks

BT Smart Controls Team
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 12

@MJay 

What would be the consequence of interrupting the update, could it cause the problems the original poster has reported or would it just go back to it's original state?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 12

Hi, I don't get a "continue" option. I get a blue screen saying to upgrade and that it will take 8 minutes. It takes a lot longer and then it fails??

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 7 of 12

Hi V_Meldrew,
If the FW update is interrupted, it will go back to its original state and will still require the update….
Hope this answers your question?
Martin.
Highlighted
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 8 of 12

Hi Pictonwild,
Sorry your having difficulties upgrading the firmware. Please try deleting the camera from the app, and adding it again running through the process described above. The reason why you didn't see the "continue" option is it was assumed it was a brand new camera install. Once you have got to the stage of seeing the blue screen to update the firmware it can take a while to complete depending on you internet connection. If at the end you see a message stating "The upgrade failed" its worth checking under the "settings" tab on the camera and seeing what firmware version is displayed. If it has upgraded it will display version 03.10.14.
Please let me know how you get on?
Martin.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

Hi Martin

Ive already done all that. The camera that works perfectly ok is version 03:10:14, the one that says it needs an upgrade is 02:00.50 but I can't upgrade it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 12

I have the same issue with a camera.

I have done the factory reset, and also deleted from the app and set up again from scratch.

It still gives Update Failed when trying to update firmware.

Current firmware version is 03.10.04

The app also flashes “MQTT Connection Failed”.

Very inconvenient. I’m going away tomorrow and use this cam to monitor my fish tank.

0 Ratings